Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19, 2009, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default asetek lclc?

anyone have any experience with the asetek lclc liquid cooling systems at all? I noticed in the coolit pure review they had the cooling results in the testing but they never gave any specifics as to what they used to get those results (aka fan, size radiator ect.) id like to know how it stacks up against mid to high end air coolers.
Old February 19, 2009, 09:26 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

We use the LCLC in the Water Cooling reviews. It is in its stock form.
Old February 19, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yeah but theres more then 1 stock form, theres the 120 and 240 versions and I could imagine quite a variance in cooling performance between the 2.
Old February 19, 2009, 12:02 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

We purchsed this one:

NCIX.com - Buy Asetek LCLC PRE-FILLED Liquid Cooling System CPU Block Pump 120MM Radiator No Mounting Hardware - 35-101-1012103 In Canada.

However, I will make sure AkG includes the exact setup in his next review.
Old February 19, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

awesome thanks Sky, do you know how they liked using it as a setup? I noticed in that review it seemed to cool the OCed Q6600 pretty decently.
Old February 19, 2009, 06:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

For $60, I think the CoolIT PURE is a better choice:
NCIX.com - Buy Coolit Systems [PURE] Lc Maintenance Free Pre Filled CPU Water Cooling Solution LGA775/AM2 - P1-1002/LCW1C In Canada.

Though IMO these single 120mm rad setups with some dinky pump really aren't that great and don't offer huge improvements over a good air setup.

You'd probably be happier with the results of that dual 120mm radiator Astek setup or one of Swiftech Kits (though those cost a lot more).
Old February 20, 2009, 05:15 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I hate the LCLC's setup not really user-friendly and was a real PITA to install in comparison to Swiftech H20 setup and all the CoolIT's lineup. IF I was going to use one, it would be the 2 bay version as the Domino is a better single bay all in one unit...AND I would splurge for the LCLC's backplate accessory. I don't trust pushpin setups....YMMV etc etc :)

The LCLC does not come w/ a fan. For the Domino review I used the Domino's fan to keep it apples to apples....though I personally would drop a 120x38mm on it if I was using it in one of my systems 24/7. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 20, 2009, 06:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think if you want to dip into the world of LC'ing without breaking the bank, or figuring out your own custom setup, the Pure or the Domino would be perfect.
They are very well thought out All in one Kits.
But, given the added features, I would say the Domino would be #1 choice.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 21, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Given the pure is often under $60 would you guys say it could handle a Q6600 overclocked to 3.4-3.6 for long term 24/7 use or should I just jump on some higher end air cooling? this is all depending on what the tax man brings me this month, if I get enough ill be going with the swiftech 240 apex kit. but if I have to aim lower Id like to know my options.

oh and if I was going with the asetek id for sure go with the backing plate parts, theres no way id splurge on WC just to lose some of the performance to lame push pins...
Old February 21, 2009, 10:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think the PURE is more for running stock, not sure if it could cope with a OC'd 65nm Quad.

If you can't get the APEX, you could get the Swiftech H20-220 Compact.

The Astek stuff is more for OEM's than it is customers IMO. They don't exactly provide anything with them.