Old February 13, 2009, 09:28 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Default New to WC pls help

I have this part:
- Cpu Block : Swiftech APOGEE GT
- Radiator : Swiftech MCR220
- Reservoir : Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV2
- Fittings : Bitspower G1/4 High Flow 1/2IN Barb Fittings for 1/2IN ID Tubing - Dark Nickel Plated and Bitspower -TRUE SILVER- G1/4 Straight Compression Fitting for 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tube Silver Plated
- Tubing : Masterkleer Pvc Tubing 7/16IN ID 5/9IN OD 10 Feet
- Coolant : Feser One Fluid UV Blue NON-CONDUCTIVE,Pts Petra PT_NUKE -PHN Concentrated Biocide Water Additive
Now a few questions:

1) I don't now which pump should i buy:
a - Swiftech MCP350 with custom top.
b - Swiftech MCP355 with custom top.
c - Swiftech MCP655.
d - Danger Den DDCPX-PRO.

2) Later i want to add the gpu to.If i put another Swiftech MCR120 radiator will be enough?
RFD
Old February 13, 2009, 09:46 PM
Rookie

Either one of the swiftech pumps with the after market top ill work perfect in you loop and look good also...gotta have eye candy
Old February 13, 2009, 09:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

No need for pt nuke if you use the feser liquid. But I would recommend just using pt nuke and distilled water. Dyes have a habit of separating and gunking up blocks. And if you think you might add a gpu later you might as well buy the mcr320 rad now.
Old February 13, 2009, 11:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

MCP355 with XSPC top

Great compact combo, which I use myself. However if space isn't an issue, then go with the MCP655.

And just so you know, you should get 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD tubing to fit those compression barbs properly. 7/16"ID 5/8"OD isn't going to grab as tightly.

Definitely do NOT put PT_Nuke in with Feser One Fluid. It's one or the other, and if going with PT_Nuke, you need some distilled water as well (mix it at the proper ratio). Feser One Fluid has everything it it already.

As said above, go with a 120.3 radiator if you plan to add a GPU.
Old February 14, 2009, 12:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Honestly any of those pump options is going to be fine. The DangerDen is a pretty great pump for the price, similar in performance as the 350/5 with tops or the 655. Just comes down to how you want your barbs setup, and mounting/placement options. Also, seeing as you are using only a dualcore CPU, the 220m rad should be good enough even with the GPU added, but if you want you can always add the 120m rad to make it even sweeter. As mentioned above, if you have the room, use a 320 ;) .

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old February 14, 2009, 12:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

Pump-wise, you really can't go wrong with any of those choices. For cost-effective, the CPX-Pro is probably best; for quiet, the topped-MCP350 will be best, and for maximum power, the topped-MCP355 will likely be best. The MCP655 is almost as good, and has the option of turning down the speed, with the lower settings being extremely quiet. No matter which pump, soft-mounting the pump is always important, since they'll all try and make your case vibrate.

Radiator-wise, you could get by with just a double-rad, if you're just cooling a dual-core processor and that GPU. But more rad is definitely better, and gives you more flexibility on what kind of fans you run. But if you've only got room for a double and a single, I wouldn't worry too much.
Old February 14, 2009, 06:01 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I have a Lian-Li A70B case.If i will buy a Mcr320 radiator i have to buy a custom top panel.I want to take out the hdd cage and in front i will put that dual rad.An in the back i will put the single rad.
For the pump:
I found the MCP355 at Direct Canada for 79$ plus the custom top around 30$.The only thing what i'm worried about MCP350 and MCP355 the reliability.The MCP355 a lot of people are saying that it is noise.
The MCP655 I saw some videos and on full speed it is very noise.
The Danger Den DDCPX-PRO i don't now if will handle a cpu-gpu loop.

Quote:
And just so you know, you should get 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD tubing to fit those compression barbs properly. 7/16"ID 5/8"OD isn't going to grab as tightly.
I will buy this:Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Clear 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing.

Excuse for my bad english.I don't now very well
.Thank you for all the replays.
RFD
Old February 14, 2009, 09:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The MCP355 with XSPC top is totally silent (can't hear it over my fans) once the loop is fully bled. However when the loop still has air it in, yes it's pretty damn loud.

As per your case, I'd buy the top panel for a 120.3 radiator and mount the rad up there. Then all the hot air is exhausted immediately from the case. If you stick the radiator up front, then you'll be blowing warm air into the case which could possibly heat up the other non-watercooling components.
Old February 14, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

mcp 655 for sure great pump lots of power for upgrades i mean the flow is strong this will run 3 to 4 water blocks no problems at all
Old February 14, 2009, 09:30 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Thank you for all replays.

I think i will go with DANGER DEN.I hope this pump can manage the cpu for now,and the price it's very good.
RFD