Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2009, 12:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I am totally new to water cooling I am still buying components and
I was looking at that also but instead of lengthening why now just turn the res around so that the hose goes straight to the res instead of having it long and curved? like I said I am new to this and that was a question not an opinion
All you'd be doing then is changing the tight radius bend to the other line going into the res (from the MB). Depending on how much room there is in the case, it might be possible to orient the res so that the ports are facing forward, but then you'd have to concern yourself with how tight the bends will have to be in order to clear the case side.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old March 1, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
All you'd be doing then is changing the tight radius bend to the other line going into the res (from the MB). Depending on how much room there is in the case, it might be possible to orient the res so that the ports are facing forward, but then you'd have to concern yourself with how tight the bends will have to be in order to clear the case side.
oh I never really thought of that
Old March 3, 2009, 05:52 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by micul View Post
Now because i finished my cpu loop i want to add the video card to.My video card is the one that Best Buy is seeling:diamond hd4870 1GB.
Questions:
1 - I found this full water block:XSPC Razor Radeon HD 4870 512MB & 1GB COPPER/ACETAL Full Cover GPU Water Block G1/4 - DirectCanada.
It will fit my video card?
I will buy this radiator to:Swiftech MCR120 Quiet Power Single 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded - DirectCanada
As you guys can see in the pics i want to put the second rad in the bottom left side of the case.Is that ok?
can you help me guys?
RFD
Old March 3, 2009, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Unfortunately, I've seen reports that some of the diamond hd4870's don't accurately follow ATI's reference design, so some full-cover waterblocks may not fit properly. It's a bit of a toss-up, and ATI cards are notorious for this issue.

If you can make the radiator fit there, go right ahead. It won't be working at 100% efficiency, since it'll be getting warm air from the first radiator, but it may still help a little, especially when your system begins to really heat up.