Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2009, 03:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Fittings Issue

So I thought these dual rotary BP 90s would fix my problem and well they did but that introduced new problems

Basically the tubing didn't line up with the holes I cut in the case perfectly, so thus the 90s. So the barbs now go directly in but with the Koolance Quick Disconnects, it's just way too big. I'm mainly at a loss of what to do with the outlet on the FuZion to the radiator. I'd prefer if the QD was more straight coming in and to the CPU block without all these weird bends but I'm guessing I'll need some different fittings on either the CPU block or after the QD or maybe both?

The line coming out from the radiator and back into my reservior is alright, I just need to make the tubing shorter but I'm not in the mood for draining everything.

So yeah, give me your thoughts on that CPU to Radiator line. If I need fittings, I'd prefer BP but whatever works.

And I'm aware those screws stick out a ton from the fan, too lazy to go buy some short ones

Oh and the BP dual rotary 90s are pretty sexy

Last edited by JD; February 13, 2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old February 14, 2009, 09:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Bump...Anybody?

Right now I'm thinking a 45 on the CPU block with a compression fitting, and changing the female QD I have now, which is a threaded end thus I have a BP adapter than a BP compression fitting meaning it's about 12mm longer than it needs to be. I'd change it to the proper Koolance QD with 5/8"OD compression barb on it since they just released those.

And I'd put another 45 on the inlet just so I could use compression fittings all around.
Old February 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A 45deg swivel on that cpu block should straighten it out a bitadd a BP comp fitting on it.
The other rad line could be shortened if you want for a shorter cleaner look.
Old February 14, 2009, 01:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
A 45deg swivel on that cpu block should straighten it out a bitadd a BP comp fitting on it.
The other rad line could be shortened if you want for a shorter cleaner look.
Yeah I'm already going to cut that tubing. You see when I first did this, the QDs wouldn't fit through the case so I basically had my radiator like 4" away from my case. So now that it fits together, there's all that extra.

I just wanted to be sure about using the 45 degree dual-rotary on the CPU would fix that messed up bend to the radiator before spending like $100 when it's all said and done...

Damn watercooling is a blackhole of money.
Old February 14, 2009, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hear you just dumped another bill into my case mod, just so I can get my loop installed. No point in installing if I just have to rip it out.

I have a feser 45deg swivel 1/2in 3/4od comp fitting I am not using if you just need the one and dont want to ship it up.
Old February 14, 2009, 03:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I use 3/8"ID 5/8" OD and well Sidewinder shipping is cheap and I need other things too. Thanks for the offer though.
Old February 15, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

can use a thicker 0-ring to aline fitting to case hole better