Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2009, 10:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Coolit Domino

Hey guys I was thinking of venturing into the world of liquid cooling and while I am not interested nor have the time to maintain a full functional H20 system I figured this would be a suitable and very inexpensive solution.

Domino A.L.C.

NCIX.com - Buy Coolit Systems Domino CPU Water Cooling System AUTO-REGULATED & Maintenance Free LGA1366/LGA775/AM2 - DM-1000 In Canada.

What is your take and experience "Linus"

EE
Old January 12, 2009, 12:40 PM

It's functional, but limited by the 120mm radiator.

Same is true of all other 120mm integrated solutions, be they from Swiftech, Thermaltake, Asetek, CoolIT, etc.

You should get performance about on par with a Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, which is nothing to sneeze at, especially with how much lighter the load on your CPU socket is.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old January 12, 2009, 01:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hey Eagle Eye,

I was actually looking at this recently for a friends build (who really feels the same way).

Legit Reviews - Coolit Domino A.L.C. Water Cooler Review - Water Cooling For Just $79

Thats a good review of the Item in question. I would take there advice and bolt the unit to the back (no mods required) rather than using those rubber pieces.
Other than that, for the price, its how DIY kits should have been made.
I hope the other companies out there are listening. *cough* Thermaltake *cough*

If you get it, and hook it up, let us know how it works out!

Best Regards,
ST

P.S. - Linus, you never did respond back to my PM lol!

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 12, 2009, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would like to see a socket 775 review its seems most reviews are beginning to use the Core i7 as their testbed and I can't determine only assume that it will do just as well maybe even better on a LGA775 test bed.

EE
Old January 12, 2009, 06:51 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

/cough/ coming soon EagleEye /cough/....very soon /cough/

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 12, 2009, 07:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

LOL @ AkG , I'll wait and see to, I like having multiple opinions on a subject before I suggest a yes or no to my friend.

But Eagle Eye, I think the Thermal Output of an i7 is higher than the old LGA 775, so one would assume it would perform better on the older setup.
(someone with an i7 correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't owned one yet).

I wish I could find the shrouds it has on the Rad..

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old January 13, 2009, 12:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

one of my friends has a coolit cooler for his cpu, and he just raves about it. Now, im not exactly sure the model, but he said its amazing... keeps his cpu so cool.
Old January 13, 2009, 05:18 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
one of my friends has a coolit cooler for his cpu, and he just raves about it. Now, im not exactly sure the model, but he said its amazing... keeps his cpu so cool.
Most likely he has a Freezone Elite, a very powerful (yet different) beast. Not putting the domino down, but the Elite will smoke it...as it should :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 13, 2009, 06:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Of Course it will AkG, TEC Hybrid vs Sealed Water cooler is no contest really.

The Elite is one amazing unit, but it does command a hefty price.
I like How the Domino is setup, I just wish these DIY all-in-one kits had software controls/monitors like the Elite has. One day perhaps.

Look forward to seeing your guys take on it,

Regards,
ST

Old January 13, 2009, 07:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Domino review will be posted tonight.