Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default where to put my rad.

i am having a problem with were to put my new rad that i got for Christmas. i got a swiftech MCR320 and with upgrading form a single to a triple is there is absolutely no room in my case. you will see what i mean in a minute. the case measures 21.5" x 7" x 17.5". there is no space behind the motherboard tray and there is no reason to take off the back side panel except to take out the power supply, so i could mount it there along the case or vertical. option 2 have it on the top and have the tubes run down in through the front of the case in a 5 1/4 bay. third option is to cut a huge hole in the front side panel and have the fan exhaust all the air out that way. if i go with option 3 i will also be cutting a hole and mounting my swiftech micro res on the to. i would mount it on the bottom but i don't have the tools to cut big holes in the bottom of the case, it is 1/2" aluminum and a dremel wont do that. here is a pick of the case, i will upload a couple more of the inside. my card reader broke.

i was thinking last night that i could put my rad on the inside where the drives are and put my CD drive on its side.the case is meant to sit on its side of bottom.
whoops im an idiot same pick twice.

Last edited by kyle_L; January 2, 2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: more pic's
Old January 1, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Cut holes in top of case and mount it up there.

If that doesn't work look at possibly getting a rad box.

If that doesn't work you may perhaps have to fab up something on TOP of the case.

Use your imagination.
Old January 1, 2009, 11:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i ahve a rad box, its i dont have the tools to cut througt the aluminum on top and bottom, i gess i forgot to put top aswell.
Old January 2, 2009, 05:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

can we have a picture of the internals please.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 2, 2009, 07:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Why don't you just attach the radbox to one of the fans at the back and mount it at the back?, you can feed the tubing through the bottom PCI slot.

Otherwise I would mount it on top and drill holes in the top of the case to feed the tubing though, no need to run it round the front.

Anyway this is what I have done to mount a couple of rads where the rads wont fit in the case. If youve got a bottom mount psu youll need to run the tubing around or over the top of it or right at the top of the case
Name:  profile1.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  108.9 KB.
Name:  back1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  85.9 KB

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old January 2, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so im still working on the pic's have to use my phone to email 1 by 1, i would just stick it on the back bu the case is so small it only has room for 2 80mm fans on the back.
Old January 2, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
so im still working on the pic's have to use my phone to email 1 by 1, i would just stick it on the back bu the case is so small it only has room for 2 80mm fans on the back.
2x80?

Spend some money and buy a real case. I'm sorry your just setting yourself for poor temps to that machine.
Old January 2, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
2x80?

Spend some money and buy a real case. I'm sorry your just setting yourself for poor temps to that machine.
i have the same temps as i did in my antec 1200. i lost my job and don't have the money to by a new case, otherwise i would buy a mm case.
Old January 2, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

You don't need to buy another case. You just need to work around, mod a little bit of it. Like magic said, you can put a rad in the front.. Or buy L brackets and mount the rad on the top of the case, you'll just need to cut holes for the tubing to pass through..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 2, 2009, 05:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Don't forget to take all the hardware out of the case when modding and, blow the case out well to get rid of all metal shavings before reinstalling the hardware. The shavings can short circuit your hardware.