Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2008, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I looked up your case, you could easily screw in the MCR220 onto the rear case fans IMO. Could probably even fit it internally as well. Probably best if you screw it onto the back of the fans instead so its outside of the case but flush against it. Might need to cut out the fan grills though since they seem to stick out quite a bit. That way you won't loose any space internally.

I don't see why any watercooling wouldn't fit. CPU, GPU, Chipsets and whatever else. Looks like a pretty big case to me, definitely way bigger than my Antec 900.
Your right, but to let you know the barbs stick too close to the case that it is hard to route tubing. I was going to do that too, unfortunately the barb problem and I ended up screwing up my rad box, how.. I dunno lol :D..

But yeah I never thought of internally mounting it, there will be only one prob, hopefully he has proper screws that come with the Swiftech rad, since he will need to screw the rad to the case first, which will require screws to go in from the outside.. then he will mount the fans inside blowing outside. Push/pull is possible, but that brings way too much pressure on the fans to the case... I'd say best option is rad box, simplest of all, or if he wants internally then, cut holes on the top and mount the rad inside or like stated mount the rad internally in the fans..

Yes I do agree, he will have to cut the fan grills if he even thinks of mounting a rad outside directly to the case, since they actually face outwards, and it will interfeer.. I remember the last time I used the older version of the gigabyte case, I had the rad mounted outside with double sided tape, more due to the fact because I had those Arctic Cooling 10 fans that can only mount in one direction...

Shadow all I can say is lots of people can suggest many ways of mounting the rads, at least few in common, but the only real way for you to know is having the rad and the case and screws, try out multiple ways.. really that is the best way I learnt my lesson.. I spend countless hours with my friends here and getting drawing in Paint, and got it all figured out, but the setup came out different.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 30, 2008, 09:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
what do you think of the Swiftech MCR220-QP-RES Quiet Power Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator & Integrated Reservoir 3/8 in what is a decent CPU water block and pump and possibly chipset
That's a fine radiator, though you'd have to get the MCP350 or MCP355 pump since the MCP655 is 1/2" only unless you want to spend more in converting it. I guess there's also the DB-1 and CPX-Pro which are a bit cheaper and would be fine with a single block.

Personally I wouldn't bother much with the chipset, you'd be fine getting a better heatsink for it and maybe a small fan. Adding a block for it just provides more restriction.
Old December 30, 2008, 10:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The nice thing about the CPX-Pro is that it has standard barb threads, you can replace with any barb you want.

And mine runs my 2 block loop with no problems, with a restrictive rad. See sig.
Old December 31, 2008, 08:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
And mine runs my 2 block loop with no problems, with a restrictive rad. See sig.
Doh! I meant the DB-1 is only good for a single block loop. The CPX-Pro is close to the MCP355 I believe.
Old December 31, 2008, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok I got a pretty good Idea of what I want I want to water cool the CPU and my HIS Radeon HD 3870 ICEQ3 775MHZ 512MB 256BIT GDDR4
I think that those to produce the most heat but those ( for now ) are the things I would like to water cool and knowing me later on I problably will start to Add things because I get board lol
Old December 31, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just remember to add a drain so when you want to add something else it's easier :)
Old December 31, 2008, 06:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
ok I got a pretty good Idea of what I want I want to water cool the CPU and my HIS Radeon HD 3870 ICEQ3 775MHZ 512MB 256BIT GDDR4
I think that those to produce the most heat but those ( for now ) are the things I would like to water cool and knowing me later on I problably will start to Add things because I get board lol
Should probably step up to a MCR320 if you want decent temps on the GPU and CPU and the DB-1 pump is out of the question.
Old December 31, 2008, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok I am looking at this so far;
MCR320 , 3 GELID Solutions GELID Silent 12 1000RPM 120MM Quiet Fan 37CFM 20.2DBA HDB 3PIN, Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs, either this Swiftech MCW60-R2 GPU Water Block for Most NVIDIA & ATI Video Cards 1/2 & 3/8 & 1/4 Barb Fittings or this D-TEK Customs Fuzion GFX V2, but I am not sure which to use and also how to cool off the other parts on the Vid card.

D-TEK Customs Fuzion CPU Water Block LGA775 with PRO-MOUNT 1/2IN Barbs Swiftech APOGEE GTZ LGA775 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Barb Fittings or Swiftech APOGEE GTZ LGA775 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Barb Fittings
not sure which is the better between the two
as for tubing and such I am not sure probably use a T fitting instead of a res
could I use Anti freeze and then buy some distilled water and mix it or are there better methods?
Old December 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Don't bother with the antifreeze. Just run pure distilled water, and add a drop or two of PT_Nuke to act as a biocide.

Between the two waterblocks, the Fuzion will work better with smaller pumps, while the Apogee GTZ might get you an extra few degrees with a good pump. Both have excellent mounting systems. If you were thinking of using compression fittings, they won't fit on the Fuzion, so go with the GTZ. Otherwise, doesn't matter.
Old December 31, 2008, 10:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Go with the GTZ since the MCP655 pump is pretty strong so it should do fine.

As per the GPU blocks, I believe the Swiftech one is less restrictive than the D-TEK. As for cooling the other components, grab some Enzotech ramsinks (might want the short ones). You should still have some airflow over the GPU though since those ramsinks need some sort of air to keep cool, especially the MOSFETs.

And yeah, PT_Nuke + Distilled or buy the pre-mixed Feser One fluid.