Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
lol, nice temps Linus. how does the cooler work indoors however? is it any better the the other coolit options?
OK....as a New Years sneak peak :)
Here is a quote from my UNEDITED review (soon to be submitted for editing):

"...this unit covers a wide gamut of possibilities and depending upon your needs one of these three settings should cover it. All in all, it was very well behaved, yet powerful cooler which easily beats both its predecessor the PURE and the Asetek LLC in both adaptability and shear performance potential....."

Cheers!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 5, 2009, 08:18 PM
Rookie

Guys i just got the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme for my I7 and I'm wondering if i should return it for this... any thoughts?
Old January 5, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_bettah View Post
Guys i just got the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme for my I7 and I'm wondering if i should return it for this... any thoughts?
Looking at reviews for the Coolit, I doubt you'll see much difference in temperatures. In fact, it might do worst in some cases, from what I've seen in the older Coolits.
Old January 5, 2009, 08:34 PM
Top Prospect

They're $80 in the Us.
How much in Canada?
$150
Only in Canada you say? What a pity!

WC Loop: DD Cpx-Pro | HWL 240 Xtreme | D-Tek V2
Old January 6, 2009, 06:09 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_d View Post
They're $80 in the Us.
How much in Canada?
$150
Now thats just FUD. I emailed Barry about the pricing for my Value section and its a lot LESS than that. Unlike some unnamed yank companies CoolIT doesn't screw over its Canadian customers w/ 100% increase in price. Hell its special order from NCIX for only 99.99.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 7, 2009, 08:25 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Re: SubZero Tests

Anybody that has had any dealings with a 65 nm QX6700 can appreciate the themal offload required to maintain stability with a higher overclock.
A Canadian solution....
With radiator at rear of case, I hoisted the Kandolf box up to the window (a feat) and ran a quad folding/dual gpu run at a higher overclock then what is stable at room temperature.
The radiator and rear end of box was the only part of system outdoors.
At -15C ambient outdoor temperature the cores stayed at 17-25C,
Mobo went down to 6 C through convection after 2 hours.
Northbridge was 10C , an amazing value with the heavy fsb OC I was running. Harddrives ran at 23 C.

The folding used 80 percent of all processor power and the cpu temperatures kept dropping so I added a couple of programs to push usage to 100 percent.
At 100 percent usage, the system stabilized at the posted values.
I did not suffer any condensation issues on electronics but I did place some anti static bags to divert potential moisture from the hoses and the resivoir away from the vid card.
Its winter in Canada, that can only mean OverClock time :)
Old January 7, 2009, 08:54 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_d View Post
They're $80 in the Us.
How much in Canada?
$150
I'd have to see your proof on that however. Taking someones word for gospel is something we don't tend to do. There are diff variations from Coolit also right.

NCIX.com - Buy Coolit Systems Domino CPU Water Cooling System AUTO-REGULATED & Maintenance Free LGA1366/LGA775/AM2 - DM-1000 In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy Coolit Systems [PURE] Lc Maintenance Free Pre Filled CPU Water Cooling Solution LGA775/AM2 - P1-1002/LCW1C In Canada.

Infonec Computers - Computer parts Canada, PC Components, laptop computers, motherboards, processors, CPUs and much more : Coolit Inc Eliminator CPU Cooler