Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 23, 2008, 05:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Quick Disconnects/Shut offs

Looking for something to put on my radiator so I can easily remove it to clean out all the dust. Basically some sort of quick disconnect fitting which also acts as a shut-off valve to prevent fluid from spilling all over the place.

It looks like Koolance might have something but I can't quite figure out what I need exactly. Almost seems like it's sold as 2 pieces but it looks like one end is a compression fitting and I don't think it would work with my 3/8"ID 5/8"OD tubing.

I'd personally prefer Bitspower but I don't know if they have such a thing.

Any store is fine as long as it ships to Canada. Not really too picky about price either unless its like $100 for 2 fittings...
Old December 23, 2008, 08:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Those are the only ones I know of, KL has a few variety's though you could use these Koolance QDC (High Flow) Shutoff Nozzle, Male Threaded G 1/4 Products Model: VL3-MG [VL3-MG] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come and ad BP fittings.
With that I'd have to grab this as well:
Bitspower Multi-Transfer Base (Coupler) - Set of 2 Products Model: BP-WTP-C03 [BP-WTP-C03] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

I actually figured it out shortly after posting, rather confusing though. Basically if I get both the male and female as threaded, screw the male into the rad directly and then use the Bitspower adapters + my current compression barbs that are on my rad to tie the female back into my tubing.

However it comes to like $65 USD shipped...so I started thinking, do I really NEED to do this? And well, that lead me to thinking that I might not use the RadBox anymore since I don't really like the way it looks and if I get the FT01, I want things to look as nice as possible. So without a RadBox, having this quick disconnects is kind of silly since I'd have to unbolt the rad too but in the same thought, removing 4 bolts is pretty simple and no different than the RadBox (4 tiny screws). Damn conflicting thoughts!

Oh that $65 includes the Bitspower rad mounting brackets since IMO they look much better and doesn't restrict the rear case fan at all however I don't believe the bolts it comes with are long enough to have a case fan + rad supports + rad fan + rad, so I guess I'd be off to Home Depot...
Old December 27, 2008, 12:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

have you looked at colder products