Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2008, 07:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Bigwater 770i ?

I've heard some whispers of this system , but can't find any hard facts on it.
Anyone know more than me about this?
The one Picture I see I think works for Thermaltake really. They took the damn Rad out of that restrictive box and finally made it mobile to mount where you can get some airflow on it.

If anyone has links on this it would be great!
Thanks!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 8, 2008, 07:28 AM
Allstar

Do yourself a favor & DON'T buy anything water related from TT. Swiftech makes some nice compact ready to go systems that are was safer & easier to use.

NCIX.com - Buy Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Kit - H20-220-APEX-Ultra In Canada.

I'd even get a Koolance kit over TT anyday as well!

NCIX.com - Buy Koolance EXOS-2 LX External Dual Radiator & Pump Water Cooling System Black 3/8IN Fittings - EX2-752BK In Canada.
Old December 8, 2008, 07:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh I know they have had flops in the past with Watercooling.
And I know Swift has a nice compact unit.
I suppose I am just a fan of TT for somethings, and was hopeful this unit was an improvement on their Bigwater Designs.

Thank you though Sniper,

Regards,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

Aside from rearranging the components, I'm not seeing any improvements with that kit. Looks like they're still using the same mediocre pump, waterblock, and aluminum radiator.

Thermaltake's earned their poor reputation by this point, and I'm not seeing any promise with this kit.
Old December 8, 2008, 11:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Not a lot of information out there right now, but at least it looks like they've replaced the CPU block with a copper top one. (I had two of the older acrylic top ones spring leaks on me).

If it's just a single rad I can't see it performing any better than a high end air cooler. I had a lot of luck with the 1X120 + 1X220 Bigwater kit WRT temps, but wouldn't recommend them over an H2O 220.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 8, 2008, 11:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Fair enough, I wouldn't use it in a Single Loop Config anyways. Was going to combine it with pieces from another Kit that I never got around to using (Prowater 850i). That gives me two pumps, two rads , two coolant tanks (important for passive heat dissipation when combined with rads), for one large single loop on CPU only.

However, I get the feeling from a lot of People that TT is not the best with WC kits. I personally Like their cases, and had promise on the WC end of things. But if worse comes to worse, I'll pop a Swift H20 in my Armor instead.
I figure my older Full tower will be my first personal experiment with WC since I got my Apollo up and running.

Thanks for the Advice everyone,

Regards,
ST

Old December 8, 2008, 12:01 PM
MVP

Listen to others pretty please and don't touch any Tt WC kits with a 100' pole. Get a real kit like Swiftech ;)

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old December 13, 2008, 02:13 PM
Rookie

I bought this kit. It is a great starter. I've never has any issues with it. Actually, I love the quick connectors thermaltake provides so I can easily take the pump/rad from the bays out of the system to do maintenance.
Old December 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Oh I know they have had flops in the past with Watercooling.
And I know Swift has a nice compact unit.
I suppose I am just a fan of TT for somethings, and was hopeful this unit was an improvement on their Bigwater Designs.

Thank you though Sniper,

Regards,

ST
When it comes to "watercooling" and "TT", the word "improvement" is just a dream.
Old December 13, 2008, 07:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
(important for passive heat dissipation when combined with rads), for one large single loop on CPU only.
Just thought you might like to know, the amount of heat dissipated from the reservoirs is essentially zero. To actually be able to use a reservoir to help dissipate any useful amount of heat, it would have to be massive, like a few hundred liters from what I've read at XS.