Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2008, 01:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default Building WC Loop Soonish...thoughts?

Heya,
So for Christmas to myself I set aside a little bit extra cash and I'm just gonna build a simplish CPU loop (For now, might expand later on) I figure hey, might as well take advantage of the ridiculous amount of room I have available in the HAF.

Thus far, the list is:
Fuzion V2 CPU Block
MCP655-B Pump
MCR220 Dual Rad
MCRes Micro Rev2
And of course the usual non-plastic barbs for the rad/res and 7/16" tubing. Already have a fillport just because I feel like I can make use of the pre-drilled one in the HAF ;)

This was my basic idea for laying it all out once I gut my HAF and paint the interior black (See James, I TOLD ya I'd get it done sooner or later Hehehe) Any thoughts since you guys know more than me :)
Attached Images

A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown

Last edited by Neolithium_Wpg; December 7, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old December 7, 2008, 01:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks fine although you could shorten your loop a bit by going from the pump to the CPU block and then from the block to the rad.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 7, 2008, 01:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

Huzzah, that's why I love these forums. Better ideas than mine are everywhere. Thanks sswilson :)
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 7, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Myself I would throw a t-line and a drain in coming off the bottom g1/4 plug.
Looking good though!

Welcome to the darkside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 7, 2008, 01:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

I was thinking of a drain actually. That Rev2 reservoir leaves quite a few options open but I think this is the simplest way to really set something up for now. I WAS going to add a GPU block but I'm somewhat certain I might be upgrading soon so I probably would end up doing the whole shebang later on with whatever new GPU I would get. Thanks for the tips guys, I'm looking more forward to the fun of slapping this all together than anything else ;)

Edit - Revised pic of layout thanks to sswilson - HUZZAH
-Author Unknown
Old December 10, 2008, 12:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

Whee. Almost time. I'll be ordering the rest of the stuff late thursday night/early friday morning then I fan finally get my HAF disassembled and painted on the inside. Still haven't decided on MCP355 w/Top or 655-B....at least I still have a bit of time for that one. Only other hope is that the barbs I ordered from NCIX will get to them in a decent time. C'mon Danger Den don't fail me now! It'd really suck to have everything here except those ROFL.
-Author Unknown
Old December 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
Still haven't decided on MCP355 w/Top or 655-B.
How 'bout an MCP350 with aftermarket top: low heat dump, compact, powerful, silent and easily moddable to an MCP355 with a single solder.

Plus, there are tons of mounting brackets available for those pumps, which make them pretty versatile.

Old December 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

Well the 355 is pretty cheap at NCIX right now...the tops, I have no idea if they're in stock. I'll probably have to ask them and see if I'll be ordering a top from the US or not.
-Author Unknown
Old December 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What kind of fans are you mounting to the Rad?
I think (now this is just excessive but it looked cool) putting the Triple Rad up top since you have all that room.

Solid setup, makes me wish the loop I am plotting had as much space to work with.
Yes, I am jealous of your HAF 932. In prior posts, I've stated how much I want one, and it will be the chassis of choice for my next build!
Unless TT builds something nicer.

On the upside, if you weren't painting the interior, you'd be safe in installing the block without removing the MB. God I love that design.

Good luck man, can't wait to see that installed!
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 10, 2008, 12:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

The XSPC top (standard non-reservoir) is available from NCIX & DirectCanada, as is the Bitspower mini tank res-top.

Sidewinder PCs just received a load of XSPC reservoir tops for a good price.

You could also consider an EK X-top for DDC pumps... pretty sweet top for the price, using it in my main PC.