Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2008, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I received my adapter from FrozeCPU yesterday and deceided that it was time to re-contact Gary and ask him if there was any recourse for not recieving my order from them. He replied quickly and was polite. He said that if I didn't get it in a few more days that he would contact USPS to try to claim the insurance on it for me. Apparently he's been getting numerous complaints from our side of the border about people not getting their parcels.
Old December 21, 2008, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

So, finally got to OC ?

I am really curious to see what you will acheive !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old December 21, 2008, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Any chance of a worklog or some pics of the new setup?

Glad to see you have an adapter although its been a long time waiting on that other one now, hopefully you'll get the money back.

Kind of puts me off getting gear from the states if theres a chance its going to get lost at the border.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old December 21, 2008, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

It's always a slight possibility, although only slight. I've had dozens of orders from the states and aside from a few early learning experiences with UPS and brokerage fees, never had a problem.
Old December 21, 2008, 09:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've had horrible luck with purchases this season- I am currently sweating it out on three orders that seem to have gone AWOL- worth about $900- I haven't received my 24"LCD from renoracer after 15 days (he's in the next province) and he hasn't replied to email or PM. I haven't heard from Xpress Canada after ordering a bunch of stuff from them two weeks ago- no invoice, confirmation of payment, no notice of shipping. Today I also discovered that someone else has tried to run up 800 bucks worth of payments on my paypal account but luckily they're shut down. Tis the season to get ripped off

As for the i7, I'm pretty happy so far- I've just got the water cooling loop jerry-rigged for now until my tj07 comes in- I plan on doing a nice job on that build- I'll post a log. After a few minutes with it today I had it at 4.2GHz and broke 10seconds on superpi. I', away from home all day so I can't do any more messing with it until tommorrow but can't wait.
Old December 21, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

what kind of voltage where you pushing ?

Sold hardware again.....
Old December 21, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1.35 for CPU, 1.6 DRAM
Old December 22, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just an update on my recent orders to be fair to the vendors: XPress Canada just registered my parcels with UPS (tj07 and power filter) (still no response from them directly though), and I heard from renoracer- he reaffirmed that he sent his package in a PM today.

I have the feeling that Xpress is trying to avoid having any paper trail on their sales but as long as I get it, I'll be relieved. If I had known, I would have payed the extra 20 bucks to order the parts from DC and get it sooner with no worrying though.
Old December 22, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Did you order the black or the silver one ?

I beginning to want one........

Sold hardware again.....
Old December 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Black- got it for 369- good deal- also got a sine-wave power filter for only 100 bucks- worth it where I live- we have regular brown-outs which can be quite damaging. These aren't available at DC or NCIX so that combined with $5.99 shipping was the clincher for me buying the tj07 there. I'd only order from there if you weren't in a rush- and I'd definitely hold off until I have mine in my hands- there's little info around the net on the service of Xpress Canada- they're brand new, and while they are a subsidiary of canada computers, they've been sketchy so far.
Xpress Canada - Cases > Mid Towers : Silverstone Temjin TJ07-BW Black E-ATX Aluminum Case No PS W/ Window .