Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2008, 07:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You know, for you guys I'm going to do some research.
I (think) you can go to Canada Customs website and send down a 'NAFTA' Document that should allow you to import anything under $2k free of Customs Charges. However I don't know if this is for Retail Consumed Products as well or just Items for Demo/Resale.
For where I work full-time, I have to prepare said documents for our products when we send them down to Walnut Creek and vice versa. So long as the item in question is under $2k , I don't pay customs.
I hate to hear about all these customs charges you guys pay :(
Good luck in getting your items though, it does truely suck when you have to wait so long.

I remember waiting over a month to get my iStarUSA rack shipped to me, I thought I was gonna start trying to build one myself after the first 2 weeks.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 9, 2008, 07:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It's not the customs tarrifs that hurt, it's the brokerage fees charged by certain shippers to get it across the border.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 9, 2008, 07:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
But rest assured, all you bracket-less motherboard owners are in my thoughts.
You are so banned!
Old December 9, 2008, 08:12 AM
Allstar

I'm trying to find the receipt for the money I paid to see what it says on it but I don't know where it is right off. Hmm I'm beginning to even wonder if they gave me one?
Old December 9, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
You are so banned!
For what it's worth, I'm going out of my mind waiting too, except that in my case, I'm waiting for both the Foxconn Blood Rage and the Mushkin memory kits to become available.
Old December 9, 2008, 09:07 AM
Allstar

Waiting Sux! I ordered my Ram in but that will be next after I get all the parts I need to finish the Water cooling setup first as I can just use my 2 channel for now so it's not a priority. Next week I make my final order then more waiting for it to come in & for still back ordered parts. Uhg waiting!
Old December 9, 2008, 09:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
It's not the customs tarrifs that hurt, it's the brokerage fees charged by certain shippers to get it across the border.

Crap, sorry. Brain went south when I was reading that.
I'm gonna give a shout to my Friend who works at Livingston still, and see what he says. I still think things that Qualify under NAFTA should be charged either less or no Brokerage fee, but I could be way off as well.
Just trying to be helpful :)

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 9, 2008, 09:22 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

That Foxconn board looks like dee shiznit. Man., now I want one.
Old December 9, 2008, 09:28 AM
Allstar

This was on my shipping papers from DD

For the goods listed above that 'originate' in North America,
"We hereby certify that these goods qualify as originating merchandise under the NAFTA Rules of Origin".
Old December 9, 2008, 10:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm and you still got nailed for a nice Brokerage fee eh? Fair enough.
I hope you get it all hooked up in good order soon.
I've played with W/C options before, but Never to the extent as the people on here have.

Regards,

ST