Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
The pump comes with a sticky pad, its just stuck there using the sticker pad. that said there is mounting hardware out for the pump.

It takes up 2 bays, but I give it worth of room so its easier for me to "top off/fill"

Sure, bitpower, among others, makes 45 and 90 degree barbs that screw directly onto the block, just ensure you get the correct threading to match the block(for example Swiftech GTZ uses G1/4 threading, make sure to buy G1/4 threaded barbs). You can get them on NCIX, PCS, and etc. I'll post some links in a minute or two in an edit to this post.
Awesome thanks for the help. I'm ordering a lot of stuff from DC because they have the lowest prices. I have to order the NB block from performance-pcs.com since no Canadian companies carry it. I'll compare prices though and see how to get it cheapest.

Edit: Here's the NB block EK-NB 780i Northbridge Water Block - Acetal Products Model: EK-780I-AC [EK-780I-AC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old November 20, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
Awesome thanks for the help. I'm ordering a lot of stuff from DC because they have the lowest prices. I have to order the NB block from performance-pcs.com since no Canadian companies carry it. I'll compare prices though and see how to get it cheapest.

Edit: Here's the NB block EK-NB 780i Northbridge Water Block - Acetal Products Model: EK-780I-AC [EK-780I-AC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
PCS sells alot of useful stuff and I ordered (twice) from them successfully in the past. Another great USA watercooling parts store to check out, that will also ship to Canada is Petra's Tech Shop.

As for the NB block you picked out, it seems to be a good pick, I hear many good things about EK and there blocks performance. (280/4870 card killing blocks ignored )
Old November 20, 2008, 09:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Would the same bitspower 90 degree fitting work on the NB? Or would it be a different part.
Old November 20, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Would the same bitspower 90 degree fitting work on the NB? Or would it be a different part.
Yes the linked bitspower fittings would work on the EK-NB, I just doubled checked and its the correct thread (G1/4) on both
Old November 21, 2008, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Alright so here's my final order - minus clamps because I need some help with them.

Coolant 1L Feser One UV Acid Green - Feser One Fluid UV Acid Green NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement for Liquid Cooling - DirectCanada
Logisys Cathode lights - Logisys CLK12GN2 Dual Green Cold Cathode Kit 12IN 3.0MM - DirectCanada
Some fan grills for the rad x 3- nGear 120MM Chromed WIRE-FORMED Fan Grill - DirectCanada

Swiftech MCP655 12V Pump - Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs - DirectCanada
Swiftech Apogee GTZ - Swiftech APOGEE GTZ LGA775 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Barb Fittings - DirectCanada
Swiftech MCR320 - Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded - DirectCanada
SB copper air heatsink - Evercool - Evercool VC-RE Copper VGA Cooler 45MM 5000RPM 7.79CFM 24DBA - DirectCanada

Now for the PCS stuff
Bits power G1/4" 1/2" fittings x2 - Bitspower Premium G1/4" High Flow 1/2" Fitting Products Model: BP-WTP-C01 [BP-WTP-C01] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Enzotech Copper MOSFETS HS - Enzotech MST-780i Forged Copper Mosfet Heatsink fo 680i/780i Products Model: MST-780i [MST-780i] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Bits Power G1/4" 3/8" Black Shiny Rotary Fitting x 2- this is to run between the CPU and NB
EK-NB Block - Comes with 1/2" fittings EK-NB 780i Northbridge Water Block - Acetal Products Model: EK-780I-AC [EK-780I-AC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
1 Foot of 3/8" ID 1/2" OD Primoflex Clear tubing - PrimoFlex Pro LRT Clear Tubing -3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD Products Model: PFLEXP-12 [PFLEXP-12] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
8 Feet of 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Tubing - PrimoFlex Pro LRT Clear Tubing -1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD Products Model: PFLEXP-34 [PFLEXP-34] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

As for the clamps, they fit whatever the outer dimensions of tubings are right? So I would need 2x 1/2" clamps and 8 x 3/4" clamps? Any suggestions on a specific brand

Also any suggestions on anti kink coils?
Old November 21, 2008, 07:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Alright so here's my final order - minus clamps because I need some help with them.

Coolant 1L Feser One UV Acid Green - Feser One Fluid UV Acid Green NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement for Liquid Cooling - DirectCanada
Logisys Cathode lights - Logisys CLK12GN2 Dual Green Cold Cathode Kit 12IN 3.0MM - DirectCanada
Some fan grills for the rad x 3- nGear 120MM Chromed WIRE-FORMED Fan Grill - DirectCanada

Swiftech MCP655 12V Pump - Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs - DirectCanada
Swiftech Apogee GTZ - Swiftech APOGEE GTZ LGA775 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Barb Fittings - DirectCanada
Swiftech MCR320 - Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded - DirectCanada
SB copper air heatsink - Evercool - Evercool VC-RE Copper VGA Cooler 45MM 5000RPM 7.79CFM 24DBA - DirectCanada

Now for the PCS stuff
Bits power G1/4" 1/2" fittings x2 - Bitspower Premium G1/4" High Flow 1/2" Fitting Products Model: BP-WTP-C01 [BP-WTP-C01] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Enzotech Copper MOSFETS HS - Enzotech MST-780i Forged Copper Mosfet Heatsink fo 680i/780i Products Model: MST-780i [MST-780i] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Bits Power G1/4" 3/8" Black Shiny Rotary Fitting x 2- this is to run between the CPU and NB
EK-NB Block - Comes with 1/2" fittings EK-NB 780i Northbridge Water Block - Acetal Products Model: EK-780I-AC [EK-780I-AC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
1 Foot of 3/8" ID 1/2" OD Primoflex Clear tubing - PrimoFlex Pro LRT Clear Tubing -3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD Products Model: PFLEXP-12 [PFLEXP-12] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
8 Feet of 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Tubing - PrimoFlex Pro LRT Clear Tubing -1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD Products Model: PFLEXP-34 [PFLEXP-34] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

As for the clamps, they fit whatever the outer dimensions of tubings are right? So I would need 2x 1/2" clamps and 8 x 3/4" clamps? Any suggestions on a specific brand

Also any suggestions on anti kink coils?
Everything on that list looks good. I'm a bit "Egh" on the use of a "fluid" rather than distilled water, but seeing as you want to light it up(uv lights) its an okay choice.

On the tubing side I would get 7/16" tubing instead of 1/2" tubing, not only will 7/16th tubing be easier to route, it will be a tight fit on the 1/2" barbs and help ensure(with the use of clamps) it stays on. As for the clamps, I would actually recommend you buy some 3/8th clamps for the 1/2" tubing, you'll find that that they will go on fine and look much nicer than the 3/4th clamps(thinner band). Any brand will do, I got mine from home depot.

Swiftech has some decent anti kink coils, till now I didn't know anyone else made them. After some quick research, I'd say get what fits your theme best as there all pretty much the same quality wise.

DO IT, press that checkout button!
Old November 22, 2008, 02:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok I see what you mean about the water, what about UV green tubing with just distilled water? That'd accomplish the same thing right?
Old November 22, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Ok I see what you mean about the water, what about UV green tubing with just distilled water? That'd accomplish the same thing right?
IMO this is the best solution for optimal cooling performance, if using distilled water make use one of my 2 proposed solution to prevent unwanted growth;

A pure silver coin/coil dropped into the reservoir (Best)

or

A drop or two of PT Nuke into the loop (Second Best)

As for the UV glow, yes green UV tubing it will achieve the same effect .