Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2008, 12:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
That's my old 120 I sold you, and it never leaked. The only reason why it would is that you are using 90* elbows, and those may not be torqued enough to prevent any leaks - since you need them pointing down.

A second o-ring as suggested by Synth would work.

John

I dont mean to imply its spraying all over..... when I installed the rad, the fittingsd almost bottomed out and I remeber thinking you must have had them pretty tight at one point. No big deal..... but Im trying to find excuses to get a bigger rad LOL....... I'll dig up a oring from work and make it work for now. I already put out the "vide" of a new rad with the old lady.... we'll see!!!

thanks guys....
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old October 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

It's probably the 90* elbows which are not made for such use, and a small seep occurs. I never overtighten my barbs, especially when o-rings are used - no need to.