Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Nautilus 500 from Corsair... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/1015-nautilus-500-corsair.html)

francois methot April 24, 2007 07:36 AM

Nautilus 500 from Corsair...
 
Is someone have tried the Corsair Nautilus 500?
I dont have enough cooling with the Ultra Chill Tec Peltier cooler when I overclock!
...I am thinking of changing for water cooling!
This Nautilus look pretty simple to install!

Patriote April 24, 2007 07:47 AM

Nope haven't tried it but i know it won't perform that good compaired to a custom build WC set-up.

By the way, do you have some pics of that Ultra Chill Tec Peltier cooler ?

Never heard of it.

Babrbarossa April 24, 2007 07:47 AM

Wow! I would have though that the TEC would have given you great temps-- what are they?

Patriote April 24, 2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babrbarossa (Post 7026)
Wow! I would have though that the TEC would have given you great temps-- what are they?

Yeah TECs are normally better than normal watercooling... lol

Deathspawner April 24, 2007 09:57 AM

I have a Corsair Nautilus on all of my PC's, but I can't really compare them to other setups as they are really the only water cooling setup I've used. I can assure you though, they are insanely easy to install. Could take you a max of fifteen minutes, and that's with taking your time.

francois methot April 24, 2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriote (Post 7025)
Nope haven't tried it but i know it won't perform that good compaired to a custom build WC set-up.

By the way, do you have some pics of that Ultra Chill Tec Peltier cooler ?

Never heard of it.


Ultra ChillTec Socket 939775AM2 Thermal Electric CPU Cooler ULT33186 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

You can see the same thing on Ultra website.

I think that 50 Watts is not enough for a quad overclocked...

At 10 x 333 MHz I reach easily 80-85C!

I have 2 fans in front and 2 on back plus the fan on the Chill Tec.

francois methot April 24, 2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathspawner (Post 7056)
I have a Corsair Nautilus on all of my PC's, but I can't really compare them to other setups as they are really the only water cooling setup I've used. I can assure you though, they are insanely easy to install. Could take you a max of fifteen minutes, and that's with taking your time.

What is your CORE TEMP 0.95 reading after 10 minutes of 100% load?

Patriote April 24, 2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathspawner (Post 7056)
I have a Corsair Nautilus on all of my PC's, but I can't really compare them to other setups as they are really the only water cooling setup I've used. I can assure you though, they are insanely easy to install. Could take you a max of fifteen minutes, and that's with taking your time.

Do you have some pics of your set-ups m8 ? http://www.hardwarecanucks.com//imag...4fedecee92.gif

Patriote April 24, 2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francois methot (Post 7060)
Ultra ChillTec Socket 939775AM2 Thermal Electric CPU Cooler ULT33186 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

You can see the same thing on Ultra website.

I think that 50 Watts is not enough for a quad overclocked...

At 10 x 333 MHz I reach easily 80-85C!

I have 2 fans in front and 2 on back plus the fan on the Chill Tec.

Sounds awful. For sure a good custom watercooling set-up would perform way better. I saw some 3.5Ghz (and over) with my WC set-up and quad cores on other forums.

francois methot April 24, 2007 11:32 AM

[quote=Patriote;7025]Nope haven't tried it but i know it won't perform that good compaired to a custom build WC set-up.




...why it won't perform that good? Is it because the water circulation is less compare to other one or the diameter of pipes?

What make a custom WC better?

If the cooler is outside...maybe there is better cooling! ...more fresh air compare to tha air inside...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.