Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Help me pick parts!

My first WC set up so please help me make sure I have everything?!

Here's what I got so far; am I missing anything? (I'm assuming some fittings but dunno what).

Couple things.

A) If you can point to an equal/better part for equal/less money please do!

B) I am choosing two Noctua's because I already have one; if you can show me three fans that'll be cheaper then these two I'll buy them as long as they perform better or equal.

C) I'm changing my case most likely to a Cosmos S.

D) I'm changing my mobo/Video card(s) too!

Thanks in advance!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.

Last edited by encorp; September 14, 2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old September 14, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

D-TEK Customs Fuzion V2 CPU Water Block S478/LGA775/S939/AM2/S754 1/2IN Barbs

Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs

Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings (Bah, Not sure if i have the right fittings here and how many of any other types i'll need!)

Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Black 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet) (10ft enough?)

Swiftech 1/2IN OD Chrome Plated G1/4 Compatible Barb Fittings 1/4 BSPP (Set of Two)

Primochill PC Ice NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement 32OZ - Clear

Primochill Liquid Utopia ANTI-CORROSIVE Biocide Water Additive

Primochill Reusable Red Hose Clamps for 1/2 Inch Outer Diameter Tubing (2 Pack)

Noctua NF-P12-1300 120MM Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan 1100-1300RPM 63-92M3/H 12.6-19.8DBA Molex x 2
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.

Last edited by encorp; September 14, 2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old September 14, 2008, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

you need barbs for rad aswell

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old September 14, 2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

i would get 6 zalmans in a push/pull, they are like $5 each. and they are good for rads, as captain vortex suggested.
Old September 14, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay51 View Post
you need barbs for rad aswell
Thanks, I actually forgot to link them, they are in there now. I think those are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksir View Post
i would get 6 zalmans in a push/pull, they are like $5 each. and they are good for rads, as captain vortex suggested.
I dunno if I can squeeze the room for 6, I'm trying to keep everything internal on the cosmos.
Old September 14, 2008, 09:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As long as they're standard depth (not 38mm) you can get 3 up top under the grill, and 3 on the bottom of the rad internally. (Have a look at the first few pages of my Cosmos S mini-log to see).

Make sure you price match those noctuas to get the best possible price on them.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old September 14, 2008, 10:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Firstly, those primochill clamps are for tubing that's 1/2" on the outside, whereas your tubing will be 1/2" on the inside. The tubing you have selected has a 3/4" outside diameter, so clamps will need to be spec-ed accordingly.

Not a huge deal, but I'm VERY impressed with these fittings, and the price is basically the same, and they're in stock. They've got a slightly larger internal diameter, sharper barbs, and the o-ring is recessed which means that it won't squish out from under the fitting when you tighten it.

The MCRES comes with 1/2" barbs, but they're plastic. Not my first choice, but they'll work in a pinch if budget is an issue.
Old September 15, 2008, 03:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Budget isn't too much of an issue, I just took em cause they're red! LOL
Old September 15, 2008, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

Some changes I would.. Get the barbs that MpG suggested, I've also heard highly of them, or go with the D-tek chrome barbs, I use them, and they are so good, the O ring design on the them is probably one of the best out there, they have it kinda tucked in a place specially designed for it..

Zalmans fans, vote x 2. Very good fans. I'd rather get Feser One fluid, the bottle is big enough to fill the whole loop.

I know you want red hose clamps, but rather go to any hardware store and get worm type hose clamps much easier and can be reusable for almost for ever.

Lastly, I couldn't resist to say, Pricematch :P... Oh and wait for HWC next sale, might have some stuff for sale.
Old September 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

+1 for Bitspower fittings. Absolutely amazing quality. You'd need a total of 6 barbs (CPU, Res, Rad).

And I'd go with Feser One, IIRC it gets the lowest temps of pre-mixed coolants and is the least conductive. You'd probably be fine with 1 bottle, though it's good to have extra in case you f*ck up the first time.

You don't need biocide if your using a pre-mixed coolant though, so get rid of that.