Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2008, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Question Fans for Push/Pull on PA120.2

Well I recently had to remove my loop due to blowing a cap on my NF-41 motherboard, I had a AM2+ mobo and phenom kicking around for a htpc build but misplaced the 2 extra spacers and bolts needed to mount my apogee gt.
Anyways I pulled the loop since it needed the rad to be cleaned and the tubes replaced due to age and use.
I do a internal mount up front as a intake in a TT Armour case,.
I use a push/pull config and was using Yates mounted as pull and the cheapo TT led fans as push but I would like to ditch them and try something new.

2 would have to be led blue in a push and 2 , don't care if they are lit, in pull.

Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 14, 2008, 02:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Petra's has white and blue LED Yate Loon's in stock, if you like the YL's.
Old September 14, 2008, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What about 2 nf-p12's, do you think I would see a significant improvement in temperatures over the Yates?

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old September 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I didn't see any difference in performance or sound levels when I picked some up here on sale. I'm not saying they're bad fans, they just didn't live up to the hype compared to my (relatively) cheap 1350 yate loons. I ended up selling them off to somebody who would appreciate them more than I. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old September 14, 2008, 04:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

Dont waste your money Supergrover, Noctua might be good in open air but there was a review i saw some where that showed their performance on a rad, and lets just say the Yate Loons performed better for less than half the price.

My advice is stick with the yates, and if your going big, go for Panaflo's or Delta's with a fan controller. With those you'll see a difference i know i did :)

Old September 14, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Those were cherry picked Yates when Skymtl did a review the Noctua's won. Super its all up to what your going for hardcore performance then panflows medium performance with sound id go with the Zalmans they been getting some good performance. If you want Silence and id say performance then go with Noctua's i have never had such a silent computer but thats what i was going for. A lot of people undervolt their fans but when you do that your getting even less cfm you might as well get a quiet fan that runs at 100 percent speed but still gives you a high enoguh cfm. All i know is on my Swiftech rad it keeps my temps down even with my custom 775 socket mounting kit for the swiftech Apogee gt. Imo id only get em if they were around 12 bucks otherwise the Zalmans look mighty fine at a little over 5 bucks.

Id like to see some new quiet fan with lights preferbably blue. But i must say for fans for other uses i am very impressed by the Thermaltake fans their almost as quiet as the Noctua's i can hear a silent noise and still push a lot of air i currently have two one on my videocard and another on my harddrives, as the coolermaster fans just annoyed me.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Last edited by Dashock; September 14, 2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old September 14, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good points and truth be told I completely forgot about panaflo's, which is kinda funny since I used to preach them back in the day.

Haven't used one since my si-128.

Still got one kicking around the shop I have to see if the thickness is going to be a problem as the bottom of the rad is quite tight to the pump, IDK if with the extra thickness my tube might kink.

I'm off to go see if I can find it and do a dry fit.

Panaflo's damn Thanks guys.

DOH

Quote:
Old September 14, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

lol those are good performance but wayyyyyyy tooo loud for meee lol have fun!
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old September 14, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
lol those are good performance but wayyyyyyy tooo loud for meee lol have fun!
Ah the perks of scoring over 65 on my hearing test.

Plus I run a fan controller, now tornado's those were loud.

Quote:
Old September 14, 2008, 06:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
Those were cherry picked Yates when Skymtl did a review the Noctua's won. Super its all up to what your going for hardcore performance then panflows medium performance with sound id go with the Zalmans they been getting some good performance. If you want Silence and id say performance then go with Noctua's i have never had such a silent computer but thats what i was going for. A lot of people undervolt their fans but when you do that your getting even less cfm you might as well get a quiet fan that runs at 100 percent speed but still gives you a high enoguh cfm. All i know is on my Swiftech rad it keeps my temps down even with my custom 775 socket mounting kit for the swiftech Apogee gt. Imo id only get em if they were around 12 bucks otherwise the Zalmans look mighty fine at a little over 5 bucks.

Id like to see some new quiet fan with lights preferbably blue. But i must say for fans for other uses i am very impressed by the Thermaltake fans their almost as quiet as the Noctua's i can hear a silent noise and still push a lot of air i currently have two one on my videocard and another on my harddrives, as the coolermaster fans just annoyed me.
What review by SKYMTL? must of missed that one.
Where they on radiators?

The way i see it is, you can have your panaflo's at 50% to act like a yate/Noctua but you have the potential to run them at max at the mere twist of a knob.
I know i like to have my fans at full 100CFM when benching and then at normal yate dBA the rest of the time.

I also have some blue LED yates from Petra's laying around somewhere, Love those yates!

EDIT: Oh and here is the review

Fan Mini-Review: Battle of the Big Name ~50CFM Fans - XtremeSystems Forums

He tests the fans in an open air environment as well as on a radiator.

And to think that people pay that much for Noctua's for their radiators!!

Last edited by Apollo4g; September 14, 2008 at 06:07 PM.