Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2007, 12:31 PM
Top Prospect

Sorry but IMO Dx10 is just another way Microsoft is forcing us to buy their software upgrades...Gates is basically saying 'buy it or else you won't have high quality features' or some such.

It will never be officially supported by Win Xp or what have you. How would that make them more money. The masses have already bought Xp so there is little money to be made from that. They have to give people a reason to 'need' to buy Vista and this is just one. Don't be naive please guys. M$ doesn't care if they can make Dx10 port to another OS, they care about 'your' money and how they can separate you from it.

EDIT - If this clown succeeds...he/she had better hope that 'they' never find out who he is or where he lives because he will be sued beyond belief, he will never be able to even get another job ever again. Let's see....some random coder vs. multi billion dollar, multi national company. This wouldn't even be David and Goliath. It would be more like a bug on a windshield on the 401, SPLAT!

Qwerty.

Last edited by qwerty; November 7, 2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old November 7, 2007, 12:46 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
Sorry but IMO Dx10 is just another way Microsoft is forcing us to buy their software upgrades...Gates is basically saying 'buy it or else you won't have high quality features' or some such.

It will never be officially supported by Win Xp or what have you. How would that make them more money. The masses have already bought Xp so there is little money to be made from that. They have to give people a reason to 'need' to buy Vista and this is just one. Don't be naive please guys. M$ doesn't care if they can make Dx10 port to another OS, they care about 'your' money and how they can separate you from it.

EDIT - If this clown succeeds...he/she had better hope that 'they' never find out who he is or where he lives because he will be sued beyond belief, he will never be able to even get another job ever again. Let's see....some random coder vs. multi billion dollar, multi national company. This wouldn't even be David and Goliath. It would be more like a bug on a windshield on the 401, SPLAT!

Qwerty.
A private company is there to make money. You know the new engine in the 2008 Viper? Well they don't give it to 2007 and older models owners.

It's not like if DX10 was that great anyways and drivers are far from being mature. Look at a 8800Ultra in Crysis at maximum settings, it doesn't do well for a $600 card.
Old November 7, 2007, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

By the time this emulation garbage is even half as fast as Vista, we'll have a new OS. For those not wanting Vista for DX10, considering there is nothing out using DX10 worth playing, I would not worry. Even the games with DX10 enabled don't look any better. Besides, Vista is not even half as bad as people say.
Old November 7, 2007, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
By the time this emulation garbage is even half as fast as Vista, we'll have a new OS. For those not wanting Vista for DX10, considering there is nothing out using DX10 worth playing, I would not worry. Even the games with DX10 enabled don't look any better. Besides, Vista is not even half as bad as people say.
Exactly! From what I've seen DX10 doesn't really yield anything worth the upgrade and so when either Vista gets its act together or Windows 2009 comes out.. maybe I'll upgrade but for now XP
Old November 7, 2007, 04:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ehh, we shouldn't be too concerned about DirectX 10 if recent D3D10 performance assessments are any indication of our preparedness.