Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2008, 07:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I just picked up a BFG from Future Shop, the best part about it, I won a $130 gift certificate 2 months ago for Future Shop at work, so, in words it only cost me $38, now that's a good deal!!!!!!!!!!
Video Card: Nvidia 8800GT
Harddisk: 2 x Western digital
CD/DVD Drive: Asus
Monitor: LG Flatron W2353V
Case: Thermaltake Armor
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy
PSU: Thermaltake TWV 500W
Software: Windows 7
Old August 10, 2008, 08:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
BFG > EVGA any day of the week. EVGA warranty is over-rated as is step up from any company. BFG has better customer service and doesn't force you to register card for warranty purposes. EVGA Lifetime warranty is only good if you register the card with your original purchase receipt within 30 days of purchse. If you don't it becomes a 1 year warrranty and still only to the original purchaser. BFG warranty does not require any of this stupidness and is a true lifetime warranty.
You seriously can't be that lazy to not want to register your product? I think the fact that EVGA's warranty covers your card even if you mod it, is insanely generous of them. I'm not saying that one is vastly superior to the other, but I think your down talking of EVGA is unjust.
Looking for a really cheap (Or free!) pci-e videocard! Whatever state, just in working order, or even just loan it to me. I just need to test out my new hardware. PM me please, I'm located in Downtown, Vancouver.
Need testing:
Biostar Tpower I45
Intel E8400
4GB GSkill 8500CL5D
Seagate 500GB 32mb Cache HDD
2 x Corsair TX750W
Old August 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
You seriously can't be that lazy to not want to register your product? I think the fact that EVGA's warranty covers your card even if you mod it, is insanely generous of them. I'm not saying that one is vastly superior to the other, but I think your down talking of EVGA is unjust.
No, the real problem is that everyone thinks their warranty is the greatest and yet most other makers warranties are far better and actually transfer if/when you sell the card.
Old August 10, 2008, 11:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Warranty is overrated IMO, like people usually just upgrade within a few years anyways , like a 5 year warranty would work out great, as it leaves head room ,and it`s not about the length too completely but the quality, so as the w.e goes `quality over quantity`
Old August 10, 2008, 11:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thats a good deal compared to when I bought my 8800GT at 300$. :/

Old August 11, 2008, 12:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah it is a good deal.
Still sitting in the box.
Futureshop also had an XFX Alphadog edition 8800GT for the same price when i was there too...