Well Boldeagle I am going to go out on a limb here and say your 3DMark should nearly double.
Damn your scary, it has almost doubled (20-30 points under), probably dropping the net then disabling all non-important services I will free up enough resources to more than double, albeit slightly.
Anyway I went with the Sapphire because of reasons previously highlighted and placed it in.
Driver method was as following;
1. DL Hotfix and saved to desktop for contingency
2. Uninstalled all drivers using YourUninstaller 2008!
4. Ran DriveCleaner Pro, scrubbed cab, then all drivers
Woot almost doubled my 3DMark06 I LOVE THESE SORT OF UPGRADES .
5. Reboot and installed standard 8.6, ran CCleaner before reboot and cleaned reg again
6. Reboot and drivers working, went to Device Manager noted "unknown device!", went to MS update and found 71Kb HD Audio component for ATI thus DL and installed.
7. 3DMark06 for a test spin.
These cards can produce some excellent results for the price paid (bang for buck) but they come shipped with an appalling Fan Profile and many cards are idling from 68-79C. Thankfully this is readily overcome by modding the fan profile. I lowered idle temps from 68C to 52C by following this thread:
It becomes obvious that you can make many profiles, e.g Fan 35%, Fan 40%, Fan 50%, etc etc, depending on activity and if you goto the Activation Tab in the Profile Manager and click Desktop Shortcut before saving you can then change your fan speeds at will (I made 4-5 and saved them in a folder on desktop).