Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Best Drivers for 8800GT

What do you guys recommend as the best drivers for an 8800GT?

Are tweaked drivers better than recent beta etc?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Latest WHQL have been working OK for me but they suck pretty hard in CoH DX10 and if you are using a GX2.
Old June 9, 2008, 08:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

I personally prefer the modified drivers from tweakforce.com. They will usually preform at least as well as the WHQL drivers, often better, and always have better image quality. I'm currently using their 169.61 drivers, but will be installing 175.63 when I get around to it. I've never had a problem with these drivers (excluding problems I've had with official, modded and beta drivers).
Old June 9, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies, I've used those modded drivers before - I just wasn't sure if they were really better lol!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 10, 2008, 10:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm with Omega 169.25. Vista64 SP1, everything is fine.