Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2008, 05:02 AM
MVP

Default asus 8800gt out to tv

finally thought i had it down. only 1 little thing left to figure out.

i got the picture to the TV through a 25 foot "S" video cable. i can change colours, saturation, etc. there is only the one nagging little problem.

has anyone seen it where they take a video of a monitor and then show it on tv? there is a difference in the scans you can see by the horizontal line that slowly makes its way up the screen.

mine is difficult to see during bright videos but rather easier to see for the darker ones. it is very distracting. i used the nvidia settings to tell it that one is a television and set it to "m/ntsc" for the scan. i played with all the other settings i could find. i changed resolutions. one thing. i used the clone method so i could see whats going on for both screens.

thx for any ideas

rob123

the 8800gt works just fine. only got to 52deg C after an hour and a half of crysis maxed out.
Old June 7, 2008, 11:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

First off is this a older standard TV or a newer LCD/plasma display?

Second if it is the older, have you double checked the refresh rate? I know mine is set to 29Hz and that is the only setting that makes it work right.

Old June 8, 2008, 12:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob123 View Post
finally thought i had it down. only 1 little thing left to figure out.

i got the picture to the TV through a 25 foot "S" video cable. i can change colours, saturation, etc. there is only the one nagging little problem.

has anyone seen it where they take a video of a monitor and then show it on tv? there is a difference in the scans you can see by the horizontal line that slowly makes its way up the screen.

mine is difficult to see during bright videos but rather easier to see for the darker ones. it is very distracting. i used the nvidia settings to tell it that one is a television and set it to "m/ntsc" for the scan. i played with all the other settings i could find. i changed resolutions. one thing. i used the clone method so i could see whats going on for both screens.

thx for any ideas

rob123

the 8800gt works just fine. only got to 52deg C after an hour and a half of crysis maxed out.
Gonna assume this is a tube tv and unfortunately you can't fix this.
Old June 8, 2008, 10:58 AM
MVP

thx for the info. looks like its a 40 inch or so samsung for christmas.

rob123
Old June 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh....

You can't have mine..... :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP