Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2017, 01:31 AM
Banned

Default Did AMD or Intel declare PCIe 4.0 to be in 2018?WITH HDMI 2.1 ?

did AMD or Intel declare PCIe 4.0 to be in 2018?WITH HDMI 2.1 ?

will this fantasy going to be in 2017 ?
https://www.pcmag.com/news/347163/pc...arrive-in-2017
Old September 14, 2017, 02:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure why you are so obsessed with specs??? No video cards are saturating the pcie 3 bus, and how many panels have HDMI 2.1 ports.

Agressively seeking top spec gear is a black hole, and shitting on companies for not racing to the next stop sign is just as pointless.
Old September 14, 2017, 10:33 AM
Trial Member

Can you gamers shut up for a second and stop thinking the entire pc world evolves around your FPS...

I/O is critical for Data Analytics, AI, Machine Learning, Forecasting, Big Data, etc ect.

Trust me your stupid games aren't driving the technology in the hardware market.
Old September 14, 2017, 10:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskywalker View Post
Can you gamers shut up for a second and stop thinking the entire pc world evolves around your FPS...

I/O is critical for Data Analytics, AI, Machine Learning, Forecasting, Big Data, etc ect.

Trust me your stupid games aren't driving the technology in the hardware market.
Get bent. If you want a faster connection it isn't pcie that is going to do it. It is things like infinity fabric. So rub a few brain cells together and go somewhere else to whine.
Old September 14, 2017, 12:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What is up with this guys obsession with HDMI 2.1, lol
Old September 14, 2017, 12:20 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:

Whelp its too bad all the buzzword bingo you just mentioned doesnt (usually) rely upon the PCIe interface to get work done. Most rely upon Fibre optics for their interconnect fabric (which off the top of my head... with gen6 128GFC... is 13.5ishGB/s or x13.5 in PCIe 3 terms). As they use a SAN for storage and a crap load of servers/workstations all working in conjunction on the problem to be 'solved'.

The rest usually use a form of AdvancedTCA... which right now can scale up to 4Tb/s but usually is 'only' 1.4Tb/s right now. To put that in perspective that is 175GB/s to 500GB/s... or the same as x175 PCIe 3.0 to x500 PCIe 3.0. So yeah. Important things dont rely on PCIe. PCIe is only used (in the enterprise arena) for SMALL storage servers and local storage (if its high end... otherwise its SCSI and a backplane with HDDs). Everything else is using specialized protocols and specialized equipment. Which has zero impact on the PC market.

One could argue that gamers and miners are driving the push for PCIe 4.0 in the PC hardware market.... for if the Enterprise did push things we would all be using SCSI instead of SATA.

Edit: The only possible excpetion I can think of why 4.0 is 'needed' in the PC market is for Augmented Reality and Virt Reality. Considering neither are ready for prime time. PCIe 4 could land in 2020 and have little impact on either of those in the meantime.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; September 14, 2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old September 15, 2017, 09:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:

Thank you for taking the time to create an account and educate us, we value your insight...

Seriously, what's up with all the weirdos/trolls lately?
Old September 17, 2017, 05:55 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
Thank you for taking the time to create an account and educate us, we value your insight...

Seriously, what's up with all the weirdos/trolls lately?

They are spilling over from other poisonous forums. No place is safe anymore.
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 @ Gen3 x4 32Gbps | Seagate 4Tb with 256 SSD cache | Corsair Obsidian 800D | Seasonic X-1250
HeatKiller 3.0 | EK RX Vega WB | TFC Exchanger Quad Rad |Thermochill PA120.3 rad|TFC Dual rad | Scythe Gentle Typhoon (x9) |Swiftech MCP655 (x2) | Koolance bay Resevior
Old September 17, 2017, 06:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

To be honest I like it. Every time we pop up on someones radar is an opportunity for us to grow as a community.

Yes some will be trolls... but the fact we are hitting troll radar hard is a good thing. Trolls only go to active sites where they will get the best bang for their troll buck.

Plus I like to do my part and poke the trolls with a pointy stick the best I can. That way the troll species learns and grows. Think of it as electronic Darwinism... those that can adapt become master class trolls and survive while the weak ones die off. /Sniff/ One day all troll-kind will be worth my time to 'play with'. Of course I am not a mod so its all upside to me. :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr