Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2017, 01:25 AM
Rookie

Default Direct Canada Support

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this.
So anyways I ordered the GTX 1080 off Direct Canada last week thinking it was the GTX 1080 TI, somehow the invoice on Direct Canada did not update so I thought it was never shipped yet, but I was too late to cancel as the order shipped the next day, so fast forward to 2 days later the package arrived and I decided to create a RMA for it. But it has been like 1 week almost since I made the RMA and no one has replied from Direct Canada, also I tried to contact NCIX live support and emailed both NCIX and DirectCanada and still no reply.
Does anyone have anyway I could get in touch with Direct Canada?
Old April 20, 2017, 05:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, the Video Card forum probably isn't the place. Belongs in Off-Topic if anywhere...

DC does have a live chat that you can pull up here; Contact Us - DirectCanada
(You'll probably have to disable any ad-blockers or anti-trackers for it to work).

They apparently have a rep on twitter as well that's mentioned in this thread.
Direct Canada problems?!
Old April 20, 2017, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, but wait a moment, RMA is for defective products, basically what you want is to return the product (because you did not pay attention at the listing and ordered the wrong product) and get reimbursed, which in general is accepted, but you get penalized by 15% of the value of the product, procedure called restocking fee.
Old April 20, 2017, 09:55 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
Yeah, the Video Card forum probably isn't the place. Belongs in Off-Topic if anywhere...

(You'll probably have to disable any ad-blockers or anti-trackers for it to work).

Direct Canada problems?!
Thanks, for the reply. I do have a ad blocker on, whoops. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
Ok, but wait a moment, RMA is for defective products, basically what you want is to return the product (because you did not pay attention at the listing and ordered the wrong product) and get reimbursed, which in general is accepted, but you get penalized by 15% of the value of the product, procedure called restocking fee.
For some reason Direct Canada lists returns under RMA.
Old April 21, 2017, 06:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post

Direct Canada problems?!
But there is a disconnect somewhere: the bottom of the DC website has a "Community Forums" link that brings you here. Someone needs to be accountable for that, if they point you in this direction they should have a rep here ready to answer questions.
Old April 21, 2017, 06:29 AM
Top Prospect

Google "Direct Canada phone number". Their number isn't listed on the website, but Google will find it. Call them directly, and if you get them at the right time, you'll get lucky and get someone on the phone.

P.S. the community forums link states specifically that this forum is not a direct affiliate with D.C.
Old April 21, 2017, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
But there is a disconnect somewhere: the bottom of the DC website has a "Community Forums" link that brings you here. Someone needs to be accountable for that, if they point you in this direction they should have a rep here ready to answer questions.
That is a bit screwy, but there is a disclaimer right under the HWC link;
"Please note Hardware Canucks is not an official support forum for Direct Canada. If you have a question regarding your Direct Canada order, please let us know through of one these methods."
(This might be a holdover from the early days of HWC, IIRC a few people involved were very deep with NCIX who owns DC. I think a couple sub-forums even had a 'sponsored by NCIX' or 'sponsored by DC'. But that's been gone for sometime IIRC)

I think part of the issue is that even with the adblocker off the support bubble doesn't pop up on the bottom right immediately, it takes a second or two.

Edit: The Folding sub-forum does still have an NCIX decal on the header now that I notice it.
Old April 21, 2017, 03:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

That link goes directly to HWC if you have Firefox with the "Noscript" addon enabled - you never receive a warning popup. If it's off, it takes 1-2 seconds for the pop-up to appear and doesn't go directly to HWC.

On Google Chrome the pop-up is instant.

Old April 22, 2017, 04:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

contact ncix,i bought a board from direct canada,and it shipped from ncix,the bill was from ncix
they have amalgamated the 2 together is what i was told
worth a try!!