F@H

My System Specs

Default OCZ taking over

You might find this interesting
Old December 7, 2006, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I was reading this on xs I believe. But thanx 4 the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 7, 2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

That is pretty interesting. I've always been impressed with the quality of OCZ's products. I'll see if I can dig up some more info.;)
Old December 7, 2006, 11:20 PM
Top Prospect

what's going to set them apart from EVGA, XFX, or BFG?

brand recognition I guess; but why choose OCZ over those three as they've mostly covered the factory overclocked, lifetime warranty, and step-up aspects of the market.

what is OCZ's niche going to be?
Old December 8, 2006, 03:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

even the water cooling niche has gone to bfg.
Old December 8, 2006, 07:51 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNESCO View Post
what's going to set them apart from EVGA, XFX, or BFG?

brand recognition I guess; but why choose OCZ over those three as they've mostly covered the factory overclocked, lifetime warranty, and step-up aspects of the market.

what is OCZ's niche going to be?
I don't think they will de-thrown EVGA but they will give XFX & BFG a run for their money. I have a feeling it's going to depend on who OCZ partners up with to make the boards and cooling and the quality of their support they will offer.
Old December 8, 2006, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

OCZ has one if not the best RMA support out there. IMHO they are alot better than BFG, for every 1 good RMA exp. they seam to give2 bad RMA exp.http://forum.overhauledpc.com/showthread.php?t=1061. That said I dont buy because of support but it is a big factor, I have had to RMA to many time's for it not to be considered. EVGA I have never had a exp with, RMAing that is got a EVGA mobo lol. XFX well double lifetime warrenty sounds good on paper, but I distrust a company that closes it's forums when there is a problem. :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 8, 2006, 04:56 PM
Misoprostol

Honestly I find it hard to believe that anyone could have better RMA service than I've gotten from BFG on 3 separate occasions (different cards, one of which wasn't even mine, but a friend asked me to deal with it for him). I haven't bought an eVGA card before, so I can't speak about them. OCZ on the other hand has also been amazing for me. I've RMAed memory and a power supply with them. The PSU was not even defective, and they took it back because my system had outgrown my Powerstream 520W. I don't know what to think about this move as is probably apparent from my mid-stream turnabout while I was typing. If OCZ manages to make money in video cards, then good for them. On one hand, it's a low margin cutthroat market, but on the other hand, so is memory, and they've survived quite well there....