Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2016, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 165
Default AIB Radeon RX480 stock

Can't find any of the good ones anywhere. Anyone have any luck picking up the Sapphire Nitro+ or MSI Gaming versions? I called CanadaComputers a few times and they said at most they may get 3 in of each. 3.......but its in-store only and special order only. I only check Newegg, NCIX and Canadacomputers as they got stores near me.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2016, 08:25 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 13,587
Default

From everything I hear, AMD is having SERIOUS production issues on their Polaris dies. So much so that even RX470 inventories are being negatively impacted.

What I would do is set up an Amazon stock alert through camelcamelcamel and then jump the moment one comes up for sale.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2016, 09:28 AM
Rison's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 1,131

My System Specs

Default

(use ca.camelcamelcamel.com for the Canadian site)

__________________

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2016, 12:16 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 165
Default

Hmm its rare for Amazon to have the best prices. These process issues are hurting them as i was near tempted to get a MSI Gaming GTX1060 instead which i saw in stock for less....but i did get a new 27" 1440p freesync monitor and i'd like to take advantage of Freesync lol
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2016, 12:55 PM
MARSTG's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,619

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrann View Post
Hmm its rare for Amazon to have the best prices. These process issues are hurting them as i was near tempted to get a MSI Gaming GTX1060 instead which i saw in stock for less....but i did get a new 27" 1440p freesync monitor and i'd like to take advantage of Freesync lol
Yeah, that is a red herring right there. I say you get a placeholder that can give you Freesync now and upgrade later.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2016, 06:08 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 13,587
Default

You either want the card or you want the best price. Pick one or the other,
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2016, 07:08 PM
ern88's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 718

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrann View Post
Hmm its rare for Amazon to have the best prices. These process issues are hurting them as i was near tempted to get a MSI Gaming GTX1060 instead which i saw in stock for less....but i did get a new 27" 1440p freesync monitor and i'd like to take advantage of Freesync lol
I bought a ACER XG270HU Free Sync 1440p 144hz monitor and still bought a GTX 1080 for it lol.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2016, 05:36 AM
Dark Knight's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
From everything I hear, AMD is having SERIOUS production issues on their Polaris dies. So much so that even RX470 inventories are being negatively impacted.

What I would do is set up an Amazon stock alert through camelcamelcamel and then jump the moment one comes up for sale.
There is over 100,000 RX480's en-route from Hong Kong right now for distribution. That's simply not true about serious production issues. If there was serious production issues for Polaris dies you would have maybe 5-10% of that figure for distribution.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sh...postcount=1436
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2016, 05:58 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
There is over 100,000 RX480's en-route from Hong Kong right now for distribution. That's simply not true about serious production issues. If there was serious production issues for Polaris dies you would have maybe 5-10% of that figure for distribution.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sh...postcount=1436
That does not mean 100k are coming to Canada. You're reading UK site?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2016, 06:09 AM
Dark Knight's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrann View Post
That does not mean 100k are coming to Canada. You're reading UK site?
100K is for worldwide distribution. I don't know how much will be distributed in Canada but at least a few thousand should be available for distributors such as ASI and others who will then redistribute it to retailers.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Radeon RX480 8GB Performance Review (Comment Thread) SKYMTL Video Cards 99 November 20, 2016 09:57 AM
RX480 more powerful than GTX 980 MARSTG Video Cards 55 June 29, 2016 02:40 PM
GTX 970 Post RX480? sswilson Price Check 25 June 29, 2016 02:14 PM