Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21, 2008, 09:56 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default picutre

It looks like the GT200 or D10U card will sell for US$499 and it will be the perfect replacement for the Geforce 9800GTX. We are not sure about the name. Many people have suggested Geforce 9900GTX and GT brands, but we are not sure if these will really be the final names.

The cards based on the GT200 will sell for $499 and the cards are sampled and work well. Nvidia plans to show the cards to journalists in the last week of May and it's highly likely to see the launch in June, with retail availability.

It will be fun to see if the GT200 will end up faster than the GX2 and if this single big chip can actually beat a dual chip card. We have a feeling it should.

Picture below is what is said to be the nex card
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2008, 10:55 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid-X View Post
yeah i was talkin to someone from Nivia, they said they are focusing on the game play application of the drivers to develop a smoother transition based one grpahics itself vs fps. he lost me but i guess if they are making it a smilpular but advance stage in gaming development it might be Very impressive. Hopefully i get the new cards so i can realli push some of the future highend games. i just need a sweet Lcd monitor now to test.
At this point I would ask you to post who you review / work for since those are some pretty tall claims you are making.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
It looks like the GT200 or D10U card will sell for US$499 and it will be the perfect replacement for the Geforce 9800GTX. We are not sure about the name. Many people have suggested Geforce 9900GTX and GT brands, but we are not sure if these will really be the final names.

The cards based on the GT200 will sell for $499 and the cards are sampled and work well. Nvidia plans to show the cards to journalists in the last week of May and it's highly likely to see the launch in June, with retail availability.

It will be fun to see if the GT200 will end up faster than the GX2 and if this single big chip can actually beat a dual chip card. We have a feeling it should.

Picture below is what is said to be the nex card
PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE

Fudzilla - GT200 to retail for $499

In addition, those three cards are 9800GTX cards.
Old May 21, 2008, 11:24 AM
MVP

My System Specs

yeah the cards are said to be almost the exact same design with a few extra features, as for who i work for im a security manager at a firm in toronto i jsut know a few people and i will see if i can get him/ them to send me some more info to post here first. as for the review if i do recieve these cards to test out i will try and do my best to do a full review for u guys
Old May 21, 2008, 11:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default pic

check these out
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
yeah the cards are said to be almost the exact same design with a few extra features, as for who i work for im a security manager at a firm in toronto i jsut know a few people and i will see if i can get him/ them to send me some more info to post here first. as for the review if i do recieve these cards to test out i will try and do my best to do a full review for u guys

No worries about that. One way or another, there will be a review of any new Nvidia products here on HWC come launch day.
Old May 21, 2008, 11:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

n if i get them before that any reviewers around toronto that can gimme a hand??
Old May 21, 2008, 02:17 PM
MVP
F@H

Yup this gonna get interesting....

GeForce GTX 280:
# 512-Bit
# 1GB GDDR3
# 240 Stream Processors
# PhysX Ready
# CUDA Technology
# PureVideo HD technology
# Full MS DirectX 10 Support
# Open GL 2.1, SLI, PCIe 2.0 Support
# 2nd gen. Unified architechture delivers 50% more gaming performance over 1st gen. through 240 shader processors

GeForce GTX 260:
# 448-Bit
# 896MB GDDR3
# 192 Stream Processors
# PhysX Ready
# CUDA Technology
# PureVideo HD technology
# Full MS DirectX 10 Support
# Open GL 2.1, SLI, PCIe 2.0 Support

Old May 21, 2008, 02:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

PhysX Ready? I thought it was going to HAVE it.
I feel rip'd off already!