Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2008, 02:01 PM
Rookie

Default Connecting BFG 8800GT OC to HDTV?

I just bought a BFG 8800GT OC and I was wondering what the best way would be to connect it my HDTV.

My TV has no DVI inputs, but has a few HDMI as well as regular HD RGB inputs. The videocard itself has DVI output and HD S-video output.

Which connection should I use and what kind of cable would I need to connect the two?

Thanks
Old May 17, 2008, 03:27 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

You can pick up a DVI to HDMI cable which would be perfect for you:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ufacture=HIPER

The pathetic thing is that these sold out in a week and NCIX has made no move to get regular stock.
Old May 20, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

You can also find them on ebay i currently use a Belkin Pure-Av i picked it up on ebay for 16 dollars i shit you not but the catch was it was 16 feet long cable lol i didnt really care as futureshop and bestbuy sell cables for 99 bucks with half as good quality. Belkin cables are quality cables and you will see when yu see em first hand and their warranty service is outstanding lifetime warranty! I had a Pure-av dvi to dvi and i got it defective from Direct Canada and Belkin happily rma it and i was back and up in a week.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old May 21, 2008, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Another option is to use monoprice. I have used them before and never had any issues, plus their prices rock. It is from the US, but still worth it.

So for DVI to HDMI cables just go here:
Video Cable - HDMI/DVI

or just HDMI/DVI adapters go here:
DVI/HDMI Adapter

I use their cables on my home theater setup and have component running from my PC and couldn't be happier with it.