Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   ATi Catalyst driver 8.351 leaked on French site (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/713-ati-catalyst-driver-8-351-leaked-french-site.html)

Babrbarossa March 26, 2007 08:01 AM

ATi Catalyst driver 8.351 leaked on French site

Catalyst 7.3 in multilanguage- Here ya go!

ATI drivers & bios

Patriote March 26, 2007 08:12 AM

Oh god... 7.3 Already released ? I just formated because the 7.2 i installed were total garbage and causing me lots of problems with my Crossfire set-up.

Might have a look actually until the time 7.4 will be released... ROFL

cdn_Madrach March 26, 2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriote (Post 4641)
Oh god... 7.3 Already released ? I just formated because the 7.2 i installed were total garbage and causing me lots of problems with my Crossfire set-up.

Ah CRAP...really. You were having problems with 7.2 with your crossfire setup. I wonder if that was part of the problem with mine:doh: omfg LOL

Patriote March 26, 2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdn_Madrach (Post 4651)
Ah CRAP...really. You were having problems with 7.2 with your crossfire setup. I wonder if that was part of the problem with mine:doh: omfg LOL

ROFLMAO! I suppose it is! :rofl:

sswilson March 30, 2007 04:19 PM

Has anybody tried the 7.3 drivers yet?

I'm hoping to get my replacement 1950pro tonight and I'll probably jump right to the new ones.

I haven't been able to google any horror stories, but there also aren't a lot of success stories / reviews either.

cdn_Madrach March 30, 2007 06:35 PM

Since I moved my rad out farther from back of my case so it's not putting any pressure at all on my dongle... lol hehe... sorry couldn't help the chuckle. No more problems with video or restarts.:biggrin: So 7.2' are working fine for me. Not quite as high in 3d marks but totally stable.:thumb:

sswilson March 30, 2007 07:09 PM

Haven't found out yet if it's a hardware issue because of the new vid card or an issue with the 7.3 drivers, but I'm now fighting to get my Audigy2 sound card up and running.

(Vid card seems to work fine though.... :) ).

cdn_Madrach March 31, 2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 5004)
Haven't found out yet if it's a hardware issue because of the new vid card or an issue with the 7.3 drivers, but I'm now fighting to get my Audigy2 sound card up and running.

(Vid card seems to work fine though.... :) ).

I don't know if this helps or not but when I installed one of the 7... ati drivers just recently for some reason it changed my creative x-fi icons to Ati:nono: So I just uninstalled the ati drivers and used driver cleaner and reinstalled them without a hitch:thumb:

sswilson March 31, 2007 05:18 PM

Just did a completely fresh install of XP and that hasn't solved the problem.

Going to try the card on another system on the off chance that the sound card just happened to die at the same time as I installed the vid card.

I've been through every possible method of forcing a card detect on it (last attempt was to uninstal the entire pci bus.... not a good idea! :) ) but it's just not showing up.

C-mos resets, and bios resource resets haven't gotten me anywhere. I've seen the card pop up a couple of times, but never long enough for me to install drivers.....

Could be a leftover from my WC leak and for some reason the extra power this card requires is fubaring my rig. (gonna have to rip the audigy2 out of my daughter's computer as well if this one is recognised by the test computer).

I'm scratching my head over this one.... I hope like hell it's not one of those "can't find a fault so maybe it's power related" untraceable snags.

lowfat March 31, 2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriote (Post 4641)

I had crossfire problems too. Have the time I couldnt enable crossfire. Although each card would work completely fine seperately. When i installed both cards, only one would be detected.