Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2015, 07:50 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default AMD's Next Gen GPU; A Recipe for Success. Comment Thread

AMDs is on the verge of launching their hotly anticipated next generation graphics architecture, code named Fiji. We delve into the elements that could make or break their new cards.

Read more here: AMD's Next Gen. GPU; A Recipe for Success

This is the first of in a long series of blog posts I'll be doing in the next little while. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by SugarJ; June 14, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old June 15, 2015, 01:37 AM
Allstar

Speculation of what could or should be aside is there going to be a review asap on the 16th?
Old June 15, 2015, 02:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

People want a Gordon Ramsey Gourmet Burger from AMD. But I think we'll just end up getting a McDonald's burger instead. All of AMD's but a few top tier cards are rebrands. How can this recipe be competition to Nvidia really!!!

Last edited by ern88; June 15, 2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old June 15, 2015, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Speculation of what could or should be aside is there going to be a review asap on the 16th?
No. AMD is tightly controlling all messaging with this launch. If there are indeed rebrands launching this week, we still don't have drivers for them.
Old June 15, 2015, 04:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice article and I think it sums up what allot of people are thinking (though many may argue the pricing on their enthusiast card)

Great work Sky.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"
Old June 15, 2015, 05:03 AM

AMD needs a high priced enthusiast card. They NEED to make money from somewhere since they certainly aren't making any from APUs, servers, technology transfers or SSDs....
Old June 15, 2015, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
AMD needs a high priced enthusiast card. They NEED to make money from somewhere since they certainly aren't making any from APUs, servers, technology transfers or SSDs....
Ohh, I agree, I just expect many to be only thinking of themselves in looking for some wonder of price to performance.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"
Old June 15, 2015, 05:56 AM

AMD needs a flagship card at flagship prices and then they need to cascade that technology down into lower price points. I don't know about you but I'd rather not see the Hawaii core again.

The last thing AMD needs is a mid-tier card that consumes 300W of power. Large system builders will avoid it like the plague and the Radeon lineup needs some wins within that sphere to aide its volume sales.
Old June 15, 2015, 06:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
AMD needs a flagship card at flagship prices and then they need to cascade that technology down into lower price points. I don't know about you but I'd rather not see the Hawaii core again.

The last thing AMD needs is a mid-tier card that consumes 300W of power. Large system builders will avoid it like the plague and the Radeon lineup needs some wins within that sphere to aide its volume sales.
Yup, I agree 100%. AMD can't wait till they release the R9 4xx series to improve their GPU's. They should have done that with the R9 3xx series cards coming out now. I see Nvidia continuing to expand the gap when their next generation GPU's come out, and AMD will fall further and further into the Abyss!!! I see them bankrupt within 3-5 years!!!!
Old June 15, 2015, 06:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Glad to see an article with some optimism. There's lots of negativity and pessimism going into this launch, which to be honest, is warranted in some regards, but those excited for a AMD failure fail to understand the consequences of such a scenario is bad for all of us.