Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2015, 02:59 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NVIDIA GTX 980Ti Performance Review Comment Thread

The NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti is finally here and it is a monster. Priced at just $649, boasting 6GB of memory and capable of rendering 4K without breaking a sweat, this is the card to have.

Read more here: The NVIDIA GTX 980Ti Performance Review

Sorry guys, overclocking will be up in a little while. It was either add a couple more games (Witcher 3, GTA V and Assassin's Creed) or or push forward the OC testing. Plus, my R9 295X2 gave up the ghost mid way through testing which killed a good half day of trouble shooting.
Old May 31, 2015, 03:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Once this thing gets overclocked it will put Titan to shame.

Jesus. My 1440 resolution is going to be SO happy.

I'm in for one. Who wants my 970?

Edit: AND it pushed down the 980 price? Good god am I ever happy I didnt grab that 980 Hydro...
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
F@H

My System Specs

I know you said this was going to be a real product launch, but did I miss an actual retailer release date?

Call me jaded, but I'm concerned about what kind of country premium we'll see over and above the exchange rate.

That said.... those are some pretty impressive numbers. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I pretty much expected it to perform right around where it is. Remarkably close to a Titan X, but not quite equal. Keeping the substantial drop in price from a Titan X in mind this one's a much better choice between the two for most people. I suspect OC will be decent, and obviously better for the ACX, ASUS directCU, Windforce, etc variants.

The real question will be availability. Is this going to be a case of a set launch date but 90% of people not being able to get one for months. I hope not.
Old May 31, 2015, 03:16 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Asus GTX 980 Ti DirectCU III OC anyone?

Old May 31, 2015, 03:22 PM
F@H

That is quite the performance, definitely no buyers remorse for what I paid for my card, but damn that is going to sing for some people. AMD is in a whole lot of trouble if Fiji can't perform on par.
Old May 31, 2015, 03:28 PM

AMD needs to sell their card at a premium and this may stop them from doing that. They CAN'T AFFORD to loose money on Fiji.
Old May 31, 2015, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmmm, so damn. I need someone to buy both of my 780ti's (I wonder what they would be worth now) then I can move to these. Two of them should do nicely. But then again whether or not my wife approves is another matter all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I know you said this was going to be a real product launch, but did I miss an actual retailer release date?

Call me jaded, but I'm concerned about what kind of country premium we'll see over and above the exchange rate.

That said.... those are some pretty impressive numbers. :)

I'm also worried what the actual Canadian price will be. I mean the cheapest 980 at Mem Express is $740. Not the $550 it was in the US. So I'm thinking prices will be $800+ depending on the different OC models we see.

Oh and Sky, I wish you had included the older 780ti numbers in there. I think there are still a bunch of us that have been waiting for this card to upgrade and would be nice to see the numbers. That said still a great review, thanks.
Old May 31, 2015, 04:02 PM

OC results up.

As I said in the conclusion: availability tomorrow.
Old May 31, 2015, 04:09 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I'm also worried what the actual Canadian price will be. I mean the cheapest 980 at Mem Express is $740. Not the $550 it was in the US. So I'm thinking prices will be $800+ depending on the different OC models we see.

Oh and Sky, I wish you had included the older 780ti numbers in there. I think there are still a bunch of us that have been waiting for this card to upgrade and would be nice to see the numbers. That said still a great review, thanks.
Ditto here.

On average, the 980 is 10% faster than the 780 Ti. You can treat the 290X as a 780 Ti. Hope you get the idea.