Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2008, 10:25 AM
Rookie

Default Thermaltake DuOrb or Thermalright HR-03 GT

mobo : ep35-ds3
vga : en8800gt top with stock cooler
casing : mid-tower Gigabyte Poseidon

my question for Hr-03 GT is, does my vga can fit into my system? because, what ive seen, the cable for cd-rom is somewhere under the vga slot.

for DuOrb, how is the performace compared to hr-03 gt?

need answer asap, since my vga temp is 7x degress...
Old May 4, 2008, 10:41 AM
MVP
F@H

I have a Thermalright V2 all-copper heatsink, it is compact yet very powerful. I would part with it for $25.00.

Keeps my 3870 at 35 idle, 45 load, with a mild OC. Stock temps are 55/75

VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old May 4, 2008, 12:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So I googled "Hr-03 GT" hit "I'm feeling lucky" and get Hardware Canucks Reviews Am I the only one who finds that funny?

I do not actually own any of this equipment but from the looks of your board you will not have a problem with either of these heat sinks getting in the way or the CD-ROM cable. It connects to the green connector and that is plenty far away. You may have to do some cable origami to route it nicely but that would only take a couple minutes.
Old May 4, 2008, 03:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinister View Post
I have a Thermalright V2 all-copper heatsink, it is compact yet very powerful. I would part with it for $25.00.

Keeps my 3870 at 35 idle, 45 load, with a mild OC. Stock temps are 55/75

hello, first of all thanks for replying, this type of heatsinks that u recommend to me, its much more smaller than hr-03, but as i can see the reviews, its 8600gt version? i searched the internet and found out hr-03 and DuORB is the most suitable heatsinks for 8800gt, so i my choice will be either DuORB or hr-03gt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
So I googled "Hr-03 GT" hit "I'm feeling lucky" and get Hardware Canucks Reviews Am I the only one who finds that funny?

I do not actually own any of this equipment but from the looks of your board you will not have a problem with either of these heat sinks getting in the way or the CD-ROM cable. It connects to the green connector and that is plenty far away. You may have to do some cable origami to route it nicely but that would only take a couple minutes.
oh, thanks, my friend also told me to do that, but i juz wanna confirm about it.. we dont want to buy something that we cant use rite. ^^
Old May 4, 2008, 04:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkeh View Post
oh, thanks, my friend also told me to do that, but i juz wanna confirm about it.. we dont want to buy something that we cant use rite. ^^
Absolutely! Smart people learn the facts before acting. However, the chances of someone having this exact combination of mainboard, video card, and aftermarket cooler is pretty slim. Especially on a relatively small forum like this. Since I doubt anyone is going to post a picture of their rig set up just the way you want and proving 100% that it will work I'm just throwing in my "looks good to me".

I want to get rid of the stock cooler on my video card so if you go for one of these please post the results. TYVM.
Old May 4, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default HR-03

I use the HR-03 plus on my 8800GTX-very similar to the HR-03 GT-went from 78oc load in ATI tool to 52oc-idle from 60's to 44oc with an Nf P12 fan. Plus my case is an older model and does not have the ventilation of more recent designs.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old May 5, 2008, 03:11 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
Absolutely! Smart people learn the facts before acting. However, the chances of someone having this exact combination of mainboard, video card, and aftermarket cooler is pretty slim. Especially on a relatively small forum like this. Since I doubt anyone is going to post a picture of their rig set up just the way you want and proving 100% that it will work I'm just throwing in my "looks good to me".

I want to get rid of the stock cooler on my video card so if you go for one of these please post the results. TYVM.

ok, i will tell the result after i use this aftermarket cooling. now i have to search for this aftermarket cooler at other state, since not alot high end computer shop in my area. TYVM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
I use the HR-03 plus on my 8800GTX-very similar to the HR-03 GT-went from 78oc load in ATI tool to 52oc-idle from 60's to 44oc with an Nf P12 fan. Plus my case is an older model and does not have the ventilation of more recent designs.
thks dude for the info, the tempereture makes me cannot wait to get my new aftermarket cooler.. T.T
Old May 5, 2008, 03:40 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkeh View Post
i searched the internet and found out hr-03 and DuORB is the most suitable heatsinks for 8800gt
Hmm, you somehow missed AC Accelero S1.
Old May 5, 2008, 05:20 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Note to all: We have been in discussions with AC about some issues we had during testing our sample (which is why the review has still not been released) and AC will be shipping out REVISED S1 packages to retailers within the next month with a VRM heatsink that will fit on all 8800GT / GTS 512MB cards.
Old May 5, 2008, 07:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
Hmm, you somehow missed AC Accelero S1.
from the tests result, hr-03 gt is way much better than AC Accelero s1, correct me if im wrong.. because i only look at the results that they gave.