Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2008, 08:12 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkeh View Post
[...]because i only look at the results that they gave.
Oh, sorry I though that you want best price/performance ratio.
But I want to show you an 8800GT with 2 fans on S1 and another one fanless.
But if money are no concern go for TR, of course.
Old May 5, 2008, 08:15 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Personally, I would go with the Coolink GFXChilla with a pair of aftermarket 80mm fans.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Personally, I would go with the Coolink GFXChilla with a pair of aftermarket 80mm fans.
thats the problem now, i know there is alot of coolers, but in my area, i really cant find any good cooler, i came from malaysia btw, i need to order it from the other state to get the items i need, and its a bit hard for me to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
Oh, sorry I though that you want best price/performance ratio.
But I want to show you an 8800GT with 2 fans on S1 and another one fanless.
But if money are no concern go for TR, of course.
oh, lols, its okay ^^

Last edited by bgkeh; May 5, 2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old May 5, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Dude Zalman VF-900 its cheap if yu cannot find it theres an awesome Zalman seller on ebay that sells it for cheap look at my review in the forum under Member Reviews sure those big coolers look great but their too bulky the Zalman does the job and does it well give it a look and decide!
Old May 5, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

37-39 Idle- Summer
Load 49-52- Summer
32-33 Idle- Winter
Load 40-45- Winter = Past few dayz have been cold up here in ontario my zalman 9700 on my cpu is idlein at 25 degrees
Old May 5, 2008, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The duorb is nice and looks good but can be bad at high loads. The duorb can actually be worse then stock if the temps get too high. But the 8800 GT should never produce that much heat.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 6, 2008, 03:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
The duorb is nice and looks good but can be bad at high loads. The duorb can actually be worse then stock if the temps get too high. But the 8800 GT should never produce that much heat.
wootz, thanks for the info.. i appreciate it, ok ill take a look at this zalman cooler ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
37-39 Idle- Summer
Load 49-52- Summer
32-33 Idle- Winter
Load 40-45- Winter = Past few dayz have been cold up here in ontario my zalman 9700 on my cpu is idlein at 25 degrees
lols, ur place got winter season, my place dont have winter... if i can get 25 degree idle... wow~
Old May 6, 2008, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yea man i was amazed by this little cooler myself and im glad i spent the 20 bucks on it and im not disappointed at all its a veryyy hot day today my cpu is idelin at 34 but my video card is a nice crip 40 degrees a loot better then my stock would have been at 55% it would have been close to 55 degrees.

Yea 2 weeks ago we had like a semi winter couple of days it was -5 to 0 so those are kinda semi winter temps i can onllly imagine when reallllllllll winter comes to see actual temps probably be around 25-28 degrees lol im excited but yea bro if yur interested in this cooler like i said theres an awesome seller on ebay named Refurb Doc who works for Zalman and refurbs all the coolers cleans the coolers brand and shiny and yu get the original box and 1 year warranty. 15 dollar shipping and theres always 2-3 of them.

If a small cooler can do the job and do it well i dont see why i would put a big TT cooler on it i did like the Duorb cooler i will admit it but i have a soft side for Zalman coolers and it was like 20 bucks for me at the time so i couldnt resist.