Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2008, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Anyone try EVGA precision GPU tweaker?

EVGA | EVGA Precision

I just downloaded the EVGA GPU overclocking utility to try it out-

It's pretty simple and easy to use- not nearly as many functions as RivaTuner at first glance. It's got a testing utility, but it doesn't work with my 8800GTS. It also has a simple fan speed slider for those non-watercooled peasants .

I've played a couple of games and things are stable and the OC has stuck on reboot. All in all it seems like a good, simple to use tuner so far but it's only been a couple of hours.

Turn off your RivaTuner OC before you download and install it or you'll run into some minor glitches.
Old May 3, 2008, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just DLed it , your right nice and small and simple, the test dosent work for me either (8800GT SC), Personally I like rivatuner but this would be better for those that only use the basic features of RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old May 3, 2008, 11:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I installed it and my computer hung, the program failed to load and never actually worked for me. I am not sure if I installed it incorrectly or not.

I have heard that this is infact from same author who created Rivatuner just rebranded for EVGA with less features. There has been many issues with this application and functionality only works with certain drivers that are installed from nVidia. Its a shame that EVGA didn't release something similiar like Gigabyte did that allowed you to increase the voltage on the video card.

Quote:
From the File Properties for the .exe and .dll files:
Copyright 2008 Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, developed special for EVGA corporation

Last edited by Eagle Eye; May 3, 2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old May 3, 2008, 02:16 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
I installed it and my computer hung, the program failed to load and never actually worked for me. I am not sure if I installed it incorrectly or not.

I have heard that this is infact from same author who created Rivatuner just rebranded for EVGA with less features. There has been many issues with this application and functionality only works with certain drivers that are installed from nVidia. Its a shame that EVGA didn't release something similiar like Gigabyte did that allowed you to increase the voltage on the video card.
The monitoring window is exactly the same as RT. And if this is true that it's the same author, you can bet that there will be driver issues, just like RT.
Old May 4, 2008, 04:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
There has been many issues with this application and functionality only works with certain drivers that are installed from nVidia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
And if this is true that it's the same author, you can bet that there will be driver issues, just like RT.
Could you be more specific on problems? I use RivaTuner for a couple of years now (Ti4600, 7900GS and 8800GT now) and I never ever have problems of any kind.
Old May 4, 2008, 05:36 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

yes, Alexey is the designer of the EVGA tool and he is the creator of RivaTuner, this is very much true.

Quote:
Its a shame that EVGA didn't release something similiar like Gigabyte did that allowed you to increase the voltage on the video card.
software simply can't do that, the board needs to be designed with this function in mind. no on will be able to come out with software to allow for voltage adjustments on a video card that was not built with that function into it.
Old May 4, 2008, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
Could you be more specific on problems? I use RivaTuner for a couple of years now (Ti4600, 7900GS and 8800GT now) and I never ever have problems of any kind.
I believe that because my card was overclocked to begin with it caused the problem. Its fixed now i uninstalled the program and re-installed it defaulted my clockrates and restarted the program and it work like a charm, even the test button as so many have reported grey or missing was there.
Old May 4, 2008, 09:06 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
I used to play a lot with some of the beta drivers - and I do remember that many drivers generated conflicts with RT. Those problems were never related to a specific card though.