Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2014, 11:38 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Alternate GPU Manufactureres

So lately in looking to update my GPU I have been browsing AliExpress. From there I noticed a couple of manufacturers that come up over and over again. Specifically Onda and Colorful.

Anyone heard anything about these manufacturers? They look like standard reference designs but I cannot find any reviews other than user reviews on sales pages.
Old March 23, 2014, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

they are not that well known, at least not in North America.

Colorful Web--Colorful Technology Co., Ltd
Old March 23, 2014, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

never heard of them... I wouldn't touch them myself.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old March 23, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Have heard of colorful, but not onda. Either way it would have to be a really good deal before I would buy. If you have an issue I have no idea what service would be like (if there is any).
Old March 23, 2014, 02:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think Colorful may be decent, but the warranty likely is only valid in China and perhaps surrounding countries. I doubt you'd get any warranty over here. I know there's been posts of their products on TPU in the past.

Onda however I've never heard of.
Old March 23, 2014, 04:30 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntslatko View Post
So lately in looking to update my GPU I have been browsing AliExpress. From there I noticed a couple of manufacturers that come up over and over again. Specifically Onda and Colorful.

Anyone heard anything about these manufacturers? They look like standard reference designs but I cannot find any reviews other than user reviews on sales pages.
Hey, I was thinking about this, too.

I wasn't even looking for cards from AliExpress but after googling gtx 750, one link brought me there. I noticed that some cards were 750 ti but it showed 1gb - but, these are 2gb cards. There's other cards of various models, older ones, but the prices range. There's some really low prices for some cards. They would be good deals if the cards were any good. I would suspect the support/service is either poor or non-existent, though.

I also noticed one card was listed as one brand but they had a pick that showed EVGA on the pcb/board.

Seems shady to me but that's where all the cards come from. I was wondering if they are cards that didn't make the cut, so to speak, so they ended up in various sellers' inventory.
Old March 23, 2014, 05:39 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yeah I'm not sure what to think. Friends from over there mentioned that Onda is really big but are a 'make everything' company. I wasn't particularly worried about the warranty but more about the build quality.
Old April 18, 2014, 05:06 PM
Rookie

lol i wouldn't really trust any electronics coming from china. I've bought a cheap mouse for a laptop before from aliexpress and it wouldn't even connect.
Old April 18, 2014, 05:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As far as I can tell, aliexpress isn't a storefront of it's own, but instead is a front end that individual retailors can peddle their wares from. I've currently got a couple of items that are supposedly in shipment, but it's not an expensive purchase, and the retailor has a presence (and a decent feedback score) in NA through amazon, but just didn't have the parts I wanted here on the NA Amazon.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 18, 2014, 06:56 PM
Rookie

Yea your right, i meant to say that i bought a mouse from a store on aliexpress not aliexpress itself.