Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Both the AC and Zalman are good coolers my whole system had Zalman and they have done well to me and the VF-900 is a solid product that brings temps down tremendously so its yer choice i belive the VF-900 is also smaller then the AC with a 120mm fan on it or you can use the AC double fans .
Old May 10, 2008, 07:16 PM
MVP

sorry for the late reply. i was playing with my new one. i just bought crysis to check it out. i played it for about an hour and a half. the temp of the card only got up to 54deg C. i quit the game to check temps. it was at 53deg C. within seconds it was down to 50 then a minute or so it was down to 40 then after another 30 seconds or so it was down to what i presume is its normal idling temp of 39deg C.

i still think about not being able to control the fan but if crysis only gets it to 53C then it appears i may be worrying for nothing.

thx again for the help and suggestions

rob123
Old May 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yea man for sure but i was gettin 63 degrees at 100 percent= winter and i had the newer style cooler now max i ever get is 53 and this is summer and it runs very cool idle anywhere from 37-39