Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2008, 07:46 AM
Allstar

Default EVGA Precision Overclocking Tool Confirmed for This Week

Little update on our previous story that EVGA is to announce a new overclocking utility. The Precision overclocking tool was confirmed today to be released this week, by the administrator of EVGA's support forums. He also revealed some exclusive features of the tool, such as Logitech G15 LCD applet integration and in-game GPU temp/frequence and FPS readings.

Source: EVGA Support Forums

More...
Old May 5, 2008, 09:14 AM
Rookie

I am curious as to how this tool compares to RivaTuner? Does it actually do stability testing like ATI Tool or is it just another gimmick? RivaTuner natively supports LCD readout (including the G15 keyboard), but it does not even brag about it in the list of features.

eVGA is notorious for releasing bad hardware: the 680i chipset mobo that kills memory by severely overvolting it (3.5 volts where it should be 1.8)(google it), video cards (especially the GeForce 7 series) that run way too hot and thus unstable due to a crappy cooler resulting in an RMA rate of over 25% and a verbal scalding from nVidia for this sort of thing.

I bought two "e-GeForce 7900 GT KO Superclocked" cards for SLI and they were just horrible. Couldn't play anything for more than 5 minutes.

Now I have a single 8800 GTS and the VGA BIOS was written by an idiot because the fan speed sits around 50-60% and it's set to stay there untill the temps go to like 120 celcius, and gradually speeds up untill 100% at 180 celcius. This card crashes once it hits 80. I had to use RivaTuner to stabilize it.

I really hope eVGA stops coming out with garbage.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:25 AM
Top Prospect

nice something that actually works for the g15 keyboard.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've had this tool for a week now.. They sent it to all their email subscribers May 2nd. If you have an account on their site it should allow you to download the program. Here is the link: EVGA | EVGA Precision
Old May 5, 2008, 08:41 PM
Rookie

LOL so what can this tool do that RivaTuner can't do better?
Old May 5, 2008, 10:08 PM
Associate Review Editor

Has anyone been able to try it with a non-EVGA card? That's all I've had in mind since it was released.

On a side note, it's nice to see that EVGA is giving its users 'carte blanche' to overclock their cards
Old May 6, 2008, 04:50 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderhuzar View Post
LOL so what can this tool do that RivaTuner can't do better?
Nothing. It is just a dumbed-down and prettied-up version of Rivatuner.