Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2014, 03:55 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
42? What's that?

I was mining DOGE for the past 24 hours... But prices tanked a lot. Could be a good time to trade my LTC for DOGE. Now I'm mining ESM. It seems that whatever I mine, it dies.
42 it's a new coin, a rare coin only 42 total , lauch when smooth and well, so it try it a couple days hoping it's getting to cryptsy soon. Rumor would price it @ 100BTC/42

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399658.0
Old January 14, 2014, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It looks like the number of altcoins released is up again... https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/40-new-cryptocoins/
I think the pump-n-dump folks are trying for more than one coin per day this month :P Over the Christmas break I mined some Earthcoin for a bit. Now I've gone the lazy approach of using the auto-switching pool, Hashcows, so I don't have to switch each time an altcoin stabilizes / dies. Another such auto pool I know of is Middlecoin, but I haven't tried it. I wonder how much these auto-switching pools / people manually pool hopping contributes to altcoin difficulty going nuts.

I actually learned about 42 coin because Hashcows switched to it - seems to be bouncing between 42 coin and some "Ron Paul Coin"
Old January 15, 2014, 12:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A lot of them like CONYE are pump and dump. I'm sticking with mining DOGE and ESM for now.
Old January 16, 2014, 05:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have switched over to Middlecoin for now as well since I just don't have the time to micro manage and switch all the alt coins. Plus with Middlecoin, I just get paid out in bitcoin. Could I get more doing it myself, yes I could, but the extra effort wouldn't be worth it.

Old January 16, 2014, 05:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Check out this really nifty charting site someone built for middlecoin. Found it on reddit yesterday. Replace wallet address with your own, and currency with cad (or whatever currency you want).

Middlecoin stats
Old January 16, 2014, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

WTF? Not sure if serious.
Old January 18, 2014, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

DOGE is going up!!! TO THE MOON!
Old January 18, 2014, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Note the OP's post count I think the only reason they're not getting laughed out of the forum is because they're just pitching the idea and not asking for money directly.

Mining contracts for BTC already exist, although I think in most of them, the contractor provides the hardware. What'll get interesting is if some disaster happens and the mining rigs get stolen / damaged.
Old January 18, 2014, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you're looking for something for your CPU to do, you can consider the Computing For Good program:
Computing for Good

You crunch World Community Grid (slightly more meaningful than kHash) for XRP, which can exchange for Bitcoin. I got about 3300 XRP for 3 weeks of crunching on an OC'd 2500k + 3 cores of a stock Phenom 9500. (I unfortunately had to leave team HWC, but meh it's still crunching.)

A couple notes:
  • At the moment the Computing For Good site does the not-so-smart thing of publicly displaying WCG usernames + their associated Ripple addresses. Consider making accounts for this giveaway only.
  • You can send directly to a Bitcoin address from the Ripple wallet without having to sign up for a gateway. Just use your BITCOIN address in the recipient field.
  • EDIT: For some reason the wallet puts a different address in the transaction log (probably the address of their exchange), but I tried with 0.01 BTC and it got to my Bitcoin wallet in about 40 minutes.

Last edited by frontier204; January 18, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old January 19, 2014, 08:17 AM
MVP

My System Specs

i found a 290 at 463$?

do you guys think it's a good deal to start mining?