Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2014, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm using trademybit, although since I'm using the Scrypt-N pool it's really just mining VTC that auto-exchanges to BTC. As for the switchpool profits dropping, it's because all the altcoin profits are dropping. Take a look at any of the mining calculators (Coinwarz, wheretomine, etc) and you'll find the numbers vs LTC lower than they were last month.
Old March 12, 2014, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Been on Scryptguild the last few days. Seems pretty good. I can choose what coins I want to keep and then just trade the rest away.

Dogecoin value has plummeted hard lately.. But I think I'll donate them instead of selling them. Dogecoin Foundation to Raise $50k for Kenya's Water Crisis
Old March 12, 2014, 05:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here worked out the actual effective kWh rate for Ontario? Because I'm wondering if my calculations are right:

Peak hour rate: 0.129 kWh

I first thought this was it for electricity costs, but if you include the rates in this page, adding them all up (assuming a $0.09/kWh average rate for tiered pricing) brings you to... $0.264/kWh. That's a >200% increase from their time of use rate!

Just figured I should throw this out there to see if someone can prove me wrong, or if I've actually lost money in this whole mining business...
Old March 14, 2014, 08:59 AM
MVP
F@H

Black Coin is really coming up with a great idea i think: Today they will lauch a multipool mining the best profitable coin, rebuy Blackcoins to redistribute to it's miners. You can't mine black coin anymore since it's on POS stake, so it could be a great idea to create a higher coin price. Well see...

BlackCoin Multipool Launching Today! ? CryptoArticles - Your #1 Source For All Crypto News!
Old March 25, 2014, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Cryptocoin mining seems to have slowed down considerably. Value of most, if not all alternative cryptocoins are down. Hard to even break-even now. Time to go back to Folding@Home?
Old March 25, 2014, 07:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes, please. Could you imagine the folding that could have been done if people weren't so damn greedy?
Old March 25, 2014, 08:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Yes, please. Could you imagine the folding that could have been done if people weren't so damn greedy?
Well if their website was easy to find and progress achieved via distributed computing was easy to find, it'd get a lot more people doing that instead of mining.

Besides, Folding is nowhere as efficient as mining it seems. Based on GPU loads and GPU temperatures, there's still a lot of optimization to be made.
Old March 25, 2014, 09:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

WUT??
Old March 25, 2014, 09:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
What a stupid thing to say. Not folding does not make one greedy.
Old March 26, 2014, 01:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You misundrrstood my statement padawan.