Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2014, 04:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

no gain or marginal(2%) on my 580, and autotune can't find best settings with latest release. Works fine with manual tune tho

thanks you for the update news

Last edited by mkultra; February 3, 2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old February 3, 2014, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The most recent updates are for the titan/Kepler kernels so you won't see much of an increase, try tuning it manually though, it tunes conservatively I get around 200kh/s extra tweaking it myself
Old February 3, 2014, 04:42 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I figured just wanted to give a heads up, i was not expecting much :D

I've run auto with -D and most i've get is 200ish, and i'm getting 305 with older autotune settings. i don't think i'll get that much more from this card.
Old February 3, 2014, 06:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone tried the cudaminer with scrypt-jane yet? For me, it dropped my 660Ti out of a pool due to too many rejects. If anyone wants to try where I left off, the best I could squeeze out was this:
Code:
-d 0 --algo=scrypt-jane:Yacoin -l k14x14 -H 2 -m 1 -i 0 -C 0
(I returned to normal scrypt on Hashcows.)

According to the (very sparse and scattered) chatter about it, the scrypt-jane stuff favours cards that have a ton of memory compared to their processing power (e.g. the oddball low-end card 2GiB or 4GiB memory).

Last edited by frontier204; February 3, 2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: byte not bit
Old February 3, 2014, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried auto tune with scrypt-jane? If you're seeing above 5-6kh/s with yacoin then something isn't right.
Old February 3, 2014, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There's a month-old coin called Vertcoin. It's supposedly ASIC resistant because it uses scrypt with adaptive-n factor. You need to have a modified cgminer and cudaminer in order to mine it.

Right now I'm mining Foxcoin. I've had enough of Catcoin. Can't even get rid of mine as the price keeps on dropping.
Old February 4, 2014, 05:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
There's a month-old coin called Vertcoin. It's supposedly ASIC resistant because it uses scrypt with adaptive-n factor. You need to have a modified cgminer and cudaminer in order to mine it.

Right now I'm mining Foxcoin. I've had enough of Catcoin. Can't even get rid of mine as the price keeps on dropping.
I saw the Vertcoin, seems to be a fairly organic growth vs a massive pump and dump. I am too busy with work to grab the SGminer to set up and fiddle with settings. I will buy $100 worth when it comes to Cryptsy if its still holding strong.
Old February 4, 2014, 09:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

with the latest cudaminer my 780Ti is now getting ~730kh/s and the old 780 is getting ~610kh/s. I like these improvements!
Old February 4, 2014, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
I saw the Vertcoin, seems to be a fairly organic growth vs a massive pump and dump. I am too busy with work to grab the SGminer to set up and fiddle with settings. I will buy $100 worth when it comes to Cryptsy if its still holding strong.
Do you know how to mine it? I spent an hour trying to get it to work yesterday before giving up.
Old February 4, 2014, 09:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Do you know how to mine it? I spent an hour trying to get it to work yesterday before giving up.
Na, don't have time to fool around with it right now. had my rigs pointed at middlecoin to keep it low maintenance. I just bought $100 worth through https://www.poloniex.com/exchange and it doubled in a few hours. bought in at .0035 and is now .0069 last time I took a peak. Apparently I should have thrown more at it.