Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2013, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I actually received a G-SYNC monitor the other day. It's life changing.......
When 4k gaming becomes a reality, I sure hope they offer a G-Sync enabled 4k monitor !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Nice card, nice cooler, nice review. Out of curiosity, what is gigabyte's RMA process like?
Gigabyte RMA is nothing special, but it is pretty good. I have always found the gigabyte brand worth jumping into if you find a product you like.
Old December 6, 2013, 12:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Nice card, nice cooler, nice review. Out of curiosity, what is gigabyte's RMA process like?
Hit or miss (but that's really the norm from all vendors now).
I've heard great stories (most of mine have gone okay, I've done 3 now) and I've heard horror stories. As Arinoth and a few others here can attest to.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 6, 2013, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not a fan of these Aftermarket Coolers that do not exhaust hot air outside the case, perhaps for single Cards not a big deal, but for multi cards I've read a number of complaints with regards to Evga's ACX Coolers running in SLi over at Evga Forums.
As for OC'ing the Evga SC Cards in comparison, yes I hit a wall at +75mv with +160 Mhz Core / +250 Mhz Memory, but overall still OC's very well.

One thing that really jumps out when you look at the Graphs is how quickly the Titan got pushed to the bottom of the barrel as far as raw speed and Framerates go !!!!

Old December 6, 2013, 12:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yes the stock cooler does a pretty good job on the core but I wonder if other components (e,g, VRM's) would benefit from more cooling which is why these "open" designs achieve better overclocks. Anyway these cards are ridiculously powerful when oc'd , hard to believe they are so much faster than the titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Not a fan of these Aftermarket Coolers that do not exhaust hot air outside the case, perhaps for single Cards not a big deal, but for multi cards I've read a number of complaints with regards to Evga's ACX Coolers running in SLi over at Evga Forums.
As for OC'ing the Evga SC Cards in comparison, yes I hit a wall at +75mv with +160 Mhz Core / +250 Mhz Memory, but overall still OC's very well.

One thing that really jumps out when you look at the Graphs is how quickly the Titan got pushed to the bottom of the barrel as far as raw speed and Framerates go !!!!

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old December 6, 2013, 01:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post

I've got 2 EVGA 780 SC ACX's in SLi and I've had no issue with heat/noise in my rig, mind you I have a large 230mm fan blowing right on to the cards from the side panel. Wouldn't say I've seen a major increase on the other components in the case while gaming either.
Old December 6, 2013, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Yeah sounds good, you're an exception by the sounds of it.....lots of folks complaining of high GPU Temps (lower 80's) thus heating up the inside of there cases, glad its working solid for you ;)

Old December 6, 2013, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've always found blower style fans are better for SLI setups as well. If you have lots of room to space your cards out, then custom coolers aren't bad for SLI.
Old December 6, 2013, 05:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea, that is what concerns me about these type of cards. I have a single open space between the two and have tried to decide what is better blower or something like the acx or windforce.

Old December 6, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Honest guys for what it worth the Blowers on the 780Ti's (same as the titans) are definitely the quietest I've come across, I know Slik was always going on how quiet his Titans are under load, I certainly dont doubt him now ;)

My top Card will reach 77c - 78c under load with the bottom Card at 69c, but of course the blower effectively pumps a lot of heat out the back ;)

I now have Vertical Synch (Adaptive) enabled reducing heat further.

Old December 6, 2013, 11:09 PM
MVP

ran 3x 260 core 216s in sli for years and they were evga sc with blower style hsf and those cards were great for that sli config i dont think i could have ran that config with out blower style cards as so much heat in case if it was something else.

but i run 7970 with non crossfire config and it works amazingly in that config personally you might get away with crossfire with a side fan in the case but quad or tri cross fire its going to be recycling alot of damn heat.

I already noticed it in my water rig when i had the 7970 giga wind-force 3 in there that the hot air would get pumped through my rad if i had it set for rad fans to push air out of case.. ended up reversing those fans on the rad and having all other case cans expelling air so the 7970 didn't eat that hot air and it worked out great the air would come in the back mesh area of the case quite agressivly right past the card and out the front and top of the case.

so i can see you point RJ

But i must stay this tripple cooler is a great cooler either way esp with a case with air in on the side via fan like the case i moved it too when i got my 290 that direct cool air from the side keeps everything moving in and away from the card area and should work just dandy on multiple cards too..
2500k @ 4.7GHz -work/Spare
3570K @ 4.5 -HTPC
MSI GT70-2OC/770m-998/4800MHz -Laptop
SF101 HW BOT
GPU's ("xfire"2x XFX290X@1150/1500"EKWB"|GIGAOC7970WF3@1250/1850|Asus480GTX@900/2000|
2xEvga260Core216's SLI in HTPC-Retired gpu's 9600ati|9800proATI|8800GTS"320mb&640mb"
|8800GTX|9800GT|9800GX2