Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2013, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default I discovered nvid driver problems all cards windows 8 and newer OS

most of this years I have been getting the dreaded nvidia driver stuck but corrected itself problem on my main pc which at first had a single 560ti on it at first I think that it was the combination of the driver and that card it would happen at odd times even if my system was idle.

Later I added a second card and of course same problem continued and I had to keep going through uninstalls and reinstalls of allot of different drivers to try and fix this which I never really found a fix but the drivers I am using well it doesn't get as many problems.
the other day I slapped together an old DFI lanparty dk mb with a q6600 with 8gb ram and then dropped in an old 285gtx guess what the same problem happens know matter which drivers I have tried.

I think it has to do with some sloppy work in compatability between wins 8 or server 2012 and any other the nvidia drivers because my first OS I installed on the old (new ) build runnng an old IDE drive was windows xpx64 no problemsat all with the nvid drivers butI was having BSOD becasue of the ram and the OS. so I then installed windows 7x64 reinstalled the nvid drivers and ran that for a few days playing games like path if exile and firefall still no problems I then install windows 8.1 ( dual boot) and tried the nvid drivers and now I get the dreaded driver was stuck but fixed itself problems
Old November 27, 2013, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ I do get the "Driver stopped responding but fixed utself" error every now n then when testing GPU OC's...or Black Screens...or CTD with the error I mentioned. Never had it with stable OC's though....but then I havent tried W8 ;)
Old November 27, 2013, 12:28 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ I do get the "Driver stopped responding but fixed utself" error every now n then when testing GPU OC's...or Black Screens...or CTD with the error I mentioned. Never had it with stable OC's though....but then I havent tried W8 ;)
Same here. The only time I have the driver quit responding error is when I am overclocked too high.
Old November 27, 2013, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it happens to me on stock clocks but only ( so fair) in windows 8 and server 2012 but windows 7 x86 or x64 no problems . I am wondering why that is