Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   what happen here EVGA rma (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/64187-what-happen-here-evga-rma.html)

KaptCrunch November 19, 2013 10:19 AM

what happen here EVGA rma

4 Attachment(s)
what's your opinion on this

I just noticed the yellow sticker is not same card

EVGA:
The reason for the hold is:
Your graphics card was received disassembled, missing hardware and has broken components. RMA notes have no mention of the product not coming back to us in factory condition. Please reply to this email if you have any questions or documentation we may have missed.
Please see the attached photos of the product as received by EVGA.
Required Action:
Pay $45.00 to repair broken resistors, missing screw hardware and reassemble graphics card
We request that you contact us within 5 business days of the receipt of this email to dispute the damage to the product. Please keep in mind that if your RMA was a cross shipment your refund will have the repair fee deducted once the refund is processed. If this is an Advanced RMA the credit card on file will be charged for the repair fee automatically after the 5 business day period has ended.
We understand that accidents can happen, but unfortunately physical damage is not covered by our warranty. Please see our warranty terms available at EVGA Warranty and if you feel that this damage was caused during shipping we recommend contacting your shipping courier for assistance. If you would like to discuss this damage further please contact Jayson Cane at 1-888-881-3842 extension 5073 or reply to this email. Please allow 1-2 business days for a response.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I say not true but if you want to go this way for missing screws , as you see in photo there is no rubbing of heat sink marks if the heat sink moved that much during shipping would be more damage then that's pictured.

My next RMA to you will be on video for when left my hands card was ok

in pic 3 is not the way was shipped so who unpacked card, a video of unpacking would show where damage came from not pictures after the fact

I'm not bitching about cost of missing screws its the scam EVGA pulling on damage for the card was wrapped tight in bubble wrap and taped cross tight for no movement if was movement would see that
on the heat paste and rub marks and card was packed with paper couison all around card

KaptCrunch November 19, 2013 02:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
funny no doc's ......... look at the dates

Quote:

Question Date: 11/08/2013
Q: ok sent off with tracking #
caution to person opening shipment

NOTE: the card has no SCREW's and is wrapped in bubble and is cross taped LxW to hold parts together

cut tape to open and unroll wrap
Answer Date: 11/08/2013

A: Hello,

Thank you for the reference. I've gone ahead and attached those notes to your account.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, feel free to ask or call.

Regards,
EVGA Tech Support
Tech: Christopher Nguyen
38 looks an no comments

Caldezar November 19, 2013 03:29 PM

I will never buy another EVGA product EVER. I was involved in an RMA nightmare with them a while back that involved them sending me broken cards in return, including one return that actually had a broken chunk of magnet stuck to the inside of the card. After almost 5 months of back and forth, and escalation to the service department, the best they offered me was a t-shirt and lanyard as compensation, along with a hassle on warranty service for a secondary card that was linked to my account because some idiot in support didn't update a service ticket correctly and flagged my other card as 'stolen property'. (Which was a whole other headache to get sorted out.)

I know it doesn't help you any Kap, but I've learned not to expect much from EVGA. For a company that seems to be touted as great warranty support, they've done nothing but screw me at every corner. I've told everyone I know to steer far and clear of them. Here's hoping your experience is better than mine was.

Desiato November 19, 2013 03:31 PM

To me, it appears reasonable to conclude the damage was caused by one of the screw mounts on the cooler shifting position.

IMO, I think you have to accept responsibility for packing the card with the cooler improperly attached. It was a bad idea.

zoob November 19, 2013 04:17 PM

Your situation sucks but IMO it does look like the heatsink mount shifted and knocked off the resistor. I am not surprised given the numerous reports of this type of package handilng:
FedEx Guy Launches Boxes Off Truck - YouTube

I don't think any amount of packing tape would be enough to keep a 1 lb heatsink from shifting.

KaptCrunch November 19, 2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desiato (Post 741915)
To me, it appears reasonable to conclude the damage was caused by one of the screw mounts on the cooler shifting position.

IMO, I think you have to accept responsibility for packing the card with the cooler improperly attached. It was a bad idea.

wow if shifting was present you see that on card and TIM and where's the scaratches of proof card moved

and would take out more then what's pictured

agreed next time in 2 boxes to not go through with this again

so if sending cards to RMA and no screws make 2 boxes and save the head eche

I'm not rob ford's crack I paid the no screws fee only question is damage claim

box was no dents and evga want me to claim to carrier

Dzzope November 19, 2013 06:17 PM

The broken resistors are right beside the screw hole. wouldn't take much to shift the heatsink enough and to me the paste does show movement. Not scraping, more like separation for a second.
Don't think I can point any fingers at Evga here, though I don't see their customer service being so good as to command such a price as their cards generally do (classifieds etc aside)

rjbarker November 19, 2013 06:42 PM

OP why did you ship it all disassembled with no screws? Curious....

belgolas November 19, 2013 06:47 PM

That was your fault for not packing it properly. I always assume there will be an idiot that will throw my shipment.

This is not a scam and EVGA has every right to charge you for repairs.

ShinraCorp November 19, 2013 06:59 PM

I remember having a broken EVGA card (Geforce 8400 GS that only lasted 6 months) I decided to contact the RMA and they said they won't accept it (note that the NVIDIA 200 series came out when I bought the 8400 GS) saying that the card was "to old" so anything can happen... Last time I check if the card is brand new and never opened then it should be always fine and the usage should be normal. So ever since then I stopped buying EVGA, I have 3 companies of which I won't buy video cards from again: EVGA, XFX and Sapphire.