Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2013, 10:17 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
lol why is this conversation still going? OP you screwed up and you want to blame EVGA? Shame shame.
This.

That said, I've had 2 evga rma's and they both were awful. I'll never own another evga product as well.
Old November 21, 2013, 10:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
This.

That said, I've had 2 evga rma's and they both were awful. I'll never own another evga product as well.
I agree there are companies who will just give a bad experience regardless of circumstance. But when your at fault and your going to blame the company? Sheesh. You going to sue for hot coffee next?
Old November 21, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default a community advertisement not to get a head eche

Quote:
lol why is this conversation still going? OP you screwed up and you want to blame EVGA? Shame shame.
heads up on bad move by me send all your cards back in factory condition to any manafactor

if lost screws send separate or individually wrapped not have issues

enaberif: that's what this thread about not like laugh @ a dumb move not blaming evga but something not right

draemn: you go claim for an car accident with no exterior damage, insurance will laugh
Old November 21, 2013, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
heads up on bad move by me send all your cards back in factory condition to any manafactor

if lost screws send separate or individually wrapped not have issues

enaberif: that's what this thread about not like laugh @ a dumb move not blaming evga but something not right

draemn: you go claim for an car accident with no exterior damage, insurance will laugh
Your thread title implies that EVGA screwed up somehow. The thread title should show that YOU screwed up by lack of due diligence.
Old November 21, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Your thread title implies that EVGA screwed up somehow. The thread title should show that YOU screwed up by lack of due diligence.
Old November 21, 2013, 06:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Quote:
Just because you made note that you packed it like a retard doesnt make it EVGA's fault that YOU PACKED IT BADLY.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 21, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

would be more damage then 2 parts depic'd if was poorly packed ......where all the rubbing and scratching marks, the paste tells the story

notice gpu north side and south side ........now plot your flight path if parts moved , on heat sink south has excess and gpu has north , least on gpu south and north HS

Old November 21, 2013, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

dude even if the paste is somehow rubbed in a different area that means very little. That paste rubs off on anything instantly with very little effort.
It could have rubbed off just un wrapping it.
You probably shouldn't have shipped it with the heatsink just resting on the video card
You probably should have wrapped them separately
Vibrations could have easily knocked off one of those little resistors.
Pack your boxes like someone is gonna use it like a football or at the very least have the shipper put fragile stickers all over it.

Me I pack shit for punting from the 30 yard line and I have still had things destroyed and covered by shipping insurance. Go after the shipper not EVGA... simply unwrapping that video card would more than likely NOT cause any damage.

Pay the 45 dollars and chalk it up as a learning experience... nuff said.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 21, 2013, 11:05 PM
MVP

your fault . be happy it only cost 45$.

also when you remove a heatsink for waterblock's its quite easy to just screw the remaining screws back into the block so they don't get lost.

lesson learned for next time.

I also tend to wonder what the problem was with this card in the first place? perhaps the resistors were damaged before shipping?
2500k @ 4.7GHz -work/Spare
3570K @ 4.5 -HTPC
MSI GT70-2OC/770m-998/4800MHz -Laptop
SF101 HW BOT
GPU's ("xfire"2x XFX290X@1150/1500"EKWB"|GIGAOC7970WF3@1250/1850|Asus480GTX@900/2000|
2xEvga260Core216's SLI in HTPC-Retired gpu's 9600ati|9800proATI|8800GTS"320mb&640mb"
|8800GTX|9800GT|9800GX2
Old November 22, 2013, 09:01 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf101 View Post

also when you remove a heatsink for waterblock's its quite easy to just screw the remaining screws back into the block so they don't get lost.
Common sense. I learned that in mechanics. Just too much extra work for some.