Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2013, 06:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Aren't they the numbers since the last MAJOR release?
That is to say that the increased performance from one patch to another is cumulative rather than additive.
Either way. If driver performance increases are cumulative,and I'm sure that's correct,there's still NO way my Titans have increased performance by 50%. That kind of a performance increase would be like adding a third Titan. Think about it. 50% with just a driver update? I honestly don't think so.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 20, 2013, 07:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It doesnt give you a metric of what the improvement is based against.

I know from personal experience that there are scenes in M:LL where I get slideshows for FPS with my setup. a 50% improvement in that setting could mean that the fps in that scene was improved from 12 fps to 18. With no metric to analyze the performance improvements against they really mean jack sh..
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 20, 2013, 07:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
It doesnt give you a metric of what the improvement is based against.

I know from personal experience that there are scenes in M:LL where I get slideshows for FPS with my setup. a 50% improvement in that setting could mean that the fps in that scene was improved from 12 fps to 18. With no metric to analyze the performance improvements against they really mean jack sh..
Honestly I concur with this analysis of the driver release!!

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 20, 2013, 09:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well I will try these and I really hope it stops the dam nvid driver stopped responding message I went through this for month a while back and it took me forever to find ones that worked then I did the mistake of updating and now cannot find the ones that work
Old November 20, 2013, 09:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Single GPU performance increase does not always scale with SLI configurations. Although I'd be inclined to say they are being a little "overly optimistic" in their numbers, you might be seeing less of a performance increase due to a lack of real increase in SLI scenarios?
Old November 20, 2013, 10:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone else notice that the release metrics were for 4K resolutions this time?

And the percentage increase is always stated since the last series, not the last beta or WHQL.