Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2013, 05:54 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon freemen View Post
Well my CPU is only running around 50 to 70% load from my findings when running modded Skyrim with enhanced view distances.

Skyrim is single threaded. CPU clockspeed is very important w/ Skyrim. With the number of hours I've put in to it I think I should know by now.

Old November 11, 2013, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Skyrim is single threaded. CPU clockspeed is very important w/ Skyrim. With the number of hours I've put in to it I think I should know by now.

What can I say it's running very good right now with lots of graphical mods and the FXAA injector on. Could make a video for you guy's but I think you would still try and refute it so i wont waste the energy unless you insist.
Old November 11, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

you have been insisted! :P
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 11, 2013, 06:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
What can I say it's running very good right now with lots of graphical mods and the FXAA injector on. Could make a video for you guy's but I think you would still try and refute it so i wont waste the energy unless you insist.
That's fine but it doesn't change the fact that some engines only utilize one thread, thought how that gets piped into what you can see from stats is unknown.
WoT is single threaded but there is load across the board. Nothing ever 100% though. So clock speed will matter.

On a side note, please do me a favour and edit your thread when responding to multiple people. We don't allow 'stacking' threads here one after the other, nor 'bumping' non-BST Threads.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 11, 2013, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
That's fine but it doesn't change the fact that some engines only utilize one thread, thought how that gets piped into what you can see from stats is unknown.
WoT is single threaded but there is load across the board. Nothing ever 100% though. So clock speed will matter.
Well then how do you exsplain the good performance I am getting after the many updates and patches ? Skyrim runs like butter now in day's even with mods. Weather it's singles thread and a million threaded i really don't care how they get it to run as long as it play smoothly. The particulars do not matter to me only the performance in game while I am playing it.

Quote:
On a side note, please do me a favour and edit your thread when responding to multiple people. We don't allow 'stacking' threads here one after the other, nor 'bumping' non-BST Threads.-ST
Ok
Old November 11, 2013, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
you have been insisted! :P
OK I will post it up in a new thread tonight. Be on the look out for it. I am getting the coffee ready LOL.
Old November 11, 2013, 06:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

How to use the Multiple-Quote Feature at Hardware Canucks

Last warning. You said you'd follow the moderator's instructions, then didn't in your very next post.
Old November 11, 2013, 06:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Well then how do you exsplain the good performance I am getting after the many updates and patches ? Skyrim runs like butter now in day's even with mods. Weather it's singles thread and a million threaded i really don't care how they get it to run as long as it play smoothly. The particulars do not matter to me only the performance in game while I am playing it.

Ok
Again, I am not disputing the performance you are getting, nor have I ever. I am merely stating on the mechanics of it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old November 11, 2013, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Again, I am not disputing the performance you are getting, nor have I ever. I am merely stating on the mechanics of it.

-ST
Well you know how it goes people bash AMD CPUs when they don't work well and even when they are working just fine AMD CPUs still get hate LOL. I know for a fact and from personal experience that Skyrim was a mess for a long time after launch and it was not until some time latter that the issue with low performance on AMD CPUS was fixed. I can say for a fact that the performance on AMD CPUs in Skyrim is now acceptable and they offer perfectly playable performance.
Old November 11, 2013, 07:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Well you know how it goes people bash AMD CPUs when they don't work well and even when they are working just fine AMD CPUs still get hate LOL. I know for a fact and from personal experience that Skyrim was a mess for a long time after launch and it was not until some time latter that the issue with low performance on AMD CPUS was fixed. I can say for a fact that the performance on AMD CPUs in Skyrim is now acceptable and they offer perfectly playable performance.
But that wasn't what I was doing, nor was I implying otherwise.
Don't assume that I ask questions, or state factual information out of Bias for anyone. I don't get paid by any company (or I'd drive a better car for starters). I merely state what I know.

You'd do a lot better if you didn't 'reach' so much, or try and read between the lines.

-ST

Closed Thread