- Good reference cooling/OCing
- nice looking
- Great game bundle
- inconsistent performance from game to game compared to the competition

Cons
-
Power Hog
- to expensive to properly compete
- only small performance 5-15% gains for allot more money than other cards in it's class
- much louder than 780/Titan

Sources - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Review - Full GK110 Crashes into Hawaii | PC Perspective
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...arks,3663.html

I personally cannot recommend the 780ti as a viable option today until it comes down to a competitive pricing or around $550/600 bucks as the performance is just not there for the price this card commands. I think nvidia over hyped and failed on the pricing front once again. Get an OCed 780 non ti instead and save money or better yet get an R 290 for $400 and OC it and spend the saved money other things like an SSD etc.
Old November 7, 2013, 02:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Actually if you look at the graphs after OC'ing (which all of us enthusiasts do), the gains are closer to 20% across the Board ;) They also run 15c cooler then the ATI Card and certainly not as loud (you have to remember most of us set up Fan Profiles which negates extreme temps and fans ramping up to 90%.....
Anyhow...we're ll entitled to our opinions and how we want to decipher graphs n numbers tends to be biased as to which Team we like (Red or Green)....for me having always run Multi GPU's since the 8800GTX Days...Driver support for SLi (or any multi card arrangement is imperative)...hence the Green Team is my choice.

Many of us enjoy having some of the best HW that is available as PC's, Building, Benching is for sure a hobby of which I'm fully prepared to sink my hard earned $$$ into my friend.

Cons
-
Power Hog - non issue for me as 2 of these will draw less power than what I use now running Tri SLi 680 Classy's and my AX 1.2kW is certainly up for the task!
- to expensive to properly compete - You want the top dog be prepared to pay for it....how many folks dumped $1100 on a titan 6 months ago....its the way it is, for some of us, compared to the titan its not too expensive at all !! (if you cant cut the mustard, dont try anf fvck the hot dog...kind of like playing with the big boys!!)
- only small performance 5-15% gains for allot more money than other cards in it's class (as I said, OC em and gains go up dramatically, closer to 20% improvement)
- much louder than 780/Titan ( I hardly think there will be any noticeable difference going from Tri SLi 680's...turn up your volume, put on headphones or simply set up a custom Fan Profile ;)

Old November 7, 2013, 03:05 PM
Banned

Anyway you look at it this card is another price/performance fail from nvidia which is why it fails. 290x with proper OC will take this thing.
Old November 7, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ If you say so ;)

Old November 7, 2013, 03:23 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon freemen View Post
Anyway you look at it this card is another price/performance fail from nvidia which is why it fails. 290x with proper OC will take this thing.
A 290x will also cause the damn ice caps to melt as well as rupturing an eardrum...

So far in the last 2 days you had about 50 posts doing nothing but bashing Nvidia and insulting users. You are bringing nothing helpful to any conversation on these forums. I suggest you stop posting or re-evaluate the way you post.
Old November 7, 2013, 03:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

We have a review comment thread for the 780TI. Comments can be kept in that thread. There is absolutely no need for a separate thread in regards to it.

You've made your point there, we've read it. Move on.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Closed Thread