Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2013, 08:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Any chance of 6GB versions in the future?
Old November 7, 2013, 08:27 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Prelim f@H numbers look promising too!

Great review as always Sky. Will look for the various cooling and pcb iterations come Xmas for this one most likely.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 7, 2013, 09:18 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I'm thinking a Watercooled 290 will take this thing for $200 less. The AMD cards are getting throttled to death on the reference cooler.

Edit: And the 780ti is overpriced by $100.
Old November 7, 2013, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Very nice looking Card!!! The numbers speak volumes, particularly after OC'ing which would be the first thing most of us will do!!!

As for the price.....how many jumped on Titans at launch??? I know I was tempted with Titans, until I had 2 in my Cart and the final price was around $2400 !!!!! These are certainly more reasonable ;)

Old November 7, 2013, 10:03 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I'm thinking a Watercooled 290 will take this thing for $200 less. The AMD cards are getting throttled to death on the reference cooler.

Edit: And the 780ti is overpriced by $100.
It probably would. However it would also pull ridiculous amounts of power. Overclocked and overvolted 290(X)'s pull insane amounts of power.
Old November 7, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Don't really think "power" is a huge deal or a deal breaker for most, anyone getting into high end GPU's, particularly XF or SLi will or should ensure they have an adequate PS and am hoping there OCD would "relax" a tad and not be fixated with staring at there Hydro Meter spinning ;) Although some will certainly have to consider buying a new PSU I suppose. ( I don't think the "days of 1-1.2 kW PSU are over by a long shot).

Heat on the other hand is another story, unless of course WB are thrown on these, would love to see the results then ;)

Old November 7, 2013, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I thought I had posted this morning but guess I forgot to hit the post button. I was thinking of waiting until the next gen cards, but now I am tempted to get one of these, but that depends on actual price. I'm pretty sure that one of these would out perform my 580sli plus it would be way quieter.

Thanks for the review Sky.

Old November 7, 2013, 11:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I was wondering the same.
Old November 7, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallell View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I was wondering the same.
I am also wondering that. Plus I'm thinking if I should wait for one of the acx coolers from evga. They already have a classified listed on their site, just no specs for it or when it will be available.

Old November 7, 2013, 12:11 PM

My System Specs

Classified PCB is identical to the GTX780 Classified. Should be out in a month or so according to EVGA_Jacob.