Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2013, 11:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

1GB is fine till you crank it all the way up especially with AA.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old November 7, 2013, 12:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
1GB is fine till you crank it all the way up especially with AA.
My findings have been different. I just finish Metro LL the other day on Very High settings all maxed out sans SSAA on a 1GB HD 7850 and the framerate was between 40 and 60fps throughout the whole game. At the final boss fight in Bioshock infinite and the game is playing maxed out just fine between 50 and 60fps after the latest drivers fixed that annoying stuttering issue. I will post up some personal benchmarks to show everyone that 1GB Vram is just fine @ 1080P when I get my second HD 7850 (1GB) for some CF.
Old November 7, 2013, 12:26 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon freemen View Post
My findings have been different. I just finish Metro LL the other day on Very High settings all maxed out sans SSAA on a 1GB HD 7850 and the framerate was between 40 and 60fps throughout the whole game. At the final boss fight in Bioshock infinite and the game is playing maxed out just fine between 50 and 60fps after the latest drivers fixed that annoying stuttering issue. I will post up some personal benchmarks to show everyone that 1GB Vram is just fine @ 1080P when I get my second HD 7850 (1GB) for some CF.

Try that with with BF4

Old November 7, 2013, 12:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Try that with with BF4
Played the Beta and it sucked IMO. That said the framerate was pretty decent for a Beta but when Mantle kicks in we will see what optimization is all about. That said my Phenom II x4 955 is not really up to par to be playing online games when lots of units are on the screen at one time.
Old November 7, 2013, 12:35 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Never asked if you liked the game or not. Also have you heard what the devs are actually saying about mantle? I doubt it gets off the ground. Sorry................ Talk about it when its not just a fanboys dream.

Old November 7, 2013, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Never asked if you liked the game or not.
Never asked you for your opinion.
Old November 7, 2013, 12:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Right.. thats enough for me... Love the ignore feature.. FIRST time ever actually using it through in the years I've been here.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old November 7, 2013, 01:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Gordon Freeman...congrats...49 Posts and making lots of friends here at HWC ;)

Old November 7, 2013, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Gordon Freeman...congrats...49 Posts and making lots of friends here at HWC ;)
Can't please everyone nor should one have to :-)
Old November 7, 2013, 04:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well, question for the OP, is the budget 400 plus tax/shipping etc, or all included?

because if it's all in, you're probably looking at something closer to 300$ base cost, which leave's the R9 280X, or GTX770's in my opinion as the best options if you're looking to buy now. I've been seeing the 7970's on sale in your price range a lot over the last weeks as well. All of this cards should best your card hands down. If you're worried about the amount of VRAM, the radeon's may be the better choice. who knows what games will require for memory in the coming months or year as more and more current cards are offering more memory for games to play with

you can wait for sales and see what's around the corner. if you're looking at 400$ + tax/shipping, an R9 290 with a custom cooler could be pretty enticing, but we still don't know how these cards will do with aftermarket coolers, we can only hope they get better in terms of heat/power consumption at this point